Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in your court with this assessment mate: the Board I hold in contempt as well. A bigger bunch of self-serving, head in the sand morons, I reckon you'd be hard pressed to find.
This club needs an enema.
Flush the lot down the dunny...and then we can move ahead.

NB : I exclude Moshiri from my figurative excoriations.

An excoriation is a harsh criticism. If your senior prank involves releasing a flock of chickens into the halls of your high school, you're practically asking for an excoriation from the principal. Excoriation comes from the Latin roots ex, meaning off, and corium, meaning skin.

Just in case anyone else was wondering !

Everyday is a school day - on the GOT education rollercoaster.

I am in your court with this assessment mate: the Board I hold in contempt as well. A bigger bunch of self-serving, head in the sand morons, I reckon you'd be hard pressed to find.
This club needs an enema.
Flush the lot down the dunny...and then we can move ahead.

NB : I exclude Moshiri from my figurative excoriations.

Fully agreed. Hopefully by next season, Moshiri has gained full control from BK, RE & JW and we are looking at a completely different Everton.

I just don't think Mourinho is a Moshiri type. I don't see it. I'm worried that Mourinho would struggle with a team no where near fighting for the top, far from it. He's world class at achieving with huge budgets and on the whole teams already challenging for the title. I'd rather go for someone who I feel may be able to get us up the table and see if they can get challenging. (Please be someone who knows how a defence works).

Have a lie down mate
It's clear there's huge resistance to Rafael that I don't fully understand. Objectively he's easily the second best candidate after Mourinho. Though both are unlikely, I think Mourinho is far more unlikely than Rafael as Rafael has shown he's willing to put his rep on the line by taking on a club outside the big boys and he still has a house in Liverpool. Rafael's not likeable but so what. We've won nothing in 21 years and are, seemingly, on course for a Koeman type who may steady the ship but whose managerial career shows that they are far less likely to win a trophy than a proven winner like Benitez.

I just don't think Mourinho is a Moshiri type. I don't see it. I'm worried that Mourinho would struggle with a team no where near fighting for the top, far from it. He's world class at achieving with huge budgets and on the whole teams already challenging for the title. I'd rather go for someone who I feel may be able to get us up the table and see if they can get challenging. (Please be someone who knows how a defence works).

Porto Mourinho is who we need

It's clear there's huge resistance to Rafael that I don't fully understand. Objectively he's easily the second best candidate after Mourinho. Though both are unlikely, I think Mourinho is far more unlikely than Rafael as Rafael has shown he's willing to put his rep on the line by taking on a club outside the big boys and he still has a house in Liverpool. Rafael's not likeable but so what. We've won nothing in 21 years and are, seemingly, on course for a Koeman type who may steady the ship but whose managerial career shows that they are far less likely to win a trophy than a proven winner like Benitez.

You don't understand why there is resistance to Rafael...

really....

Plus, he is a relegated manager now, we want to stay clear of them.

Specially the bad beaut ones.

Sorry to ask but how do you know what a Moshiri type is?
can you tell by the way he walks?

No manager starts out as a proven winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.