Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The delay part is the scary bit.

Don't panic fella - the delay is simply down to the fact that Thursday is the Spanish themed lunch in the Finch Farm canteen ! Just one last chance to shake his castennettes and have a bit of Tapas before he heads off to Magaluf for a few months to get over us.

Sorry, but I for one, don't want us to win at ANY cost. Not prepared to compromise our dignity.
I accept it would be a compromise of dignity after he called us small but I for one would be prepared to make such a compromise to increase the chances of success after 21 years of nothing. It's fair enough that others wouldn't.

Like hell will he get 100% compensation, usually it's half in situations like these.

Ah ok, probably what's delaying the announcement then I guess, his lawyer will be arguing that he deserves a 6m payoff. To think that not so long ago we gave him a new increased contract to stop the likes of Barcelona coming for him o_O

Wow, 12m payoff? No wonder he hasn't walked, and there goes any lingering sorry feelings I had for him, he's basically stolen a £4m wage for the last year at least.
He won't get all that, and whatever part he does get l, as soon as he takes another job (he is obligated to make every effort to "mitigate his loss") then he'll only get the difference between the two.

I've just heard the day will be Saturday. (Awards tonight so can't be today. Friday I don't know why not.)

After the match they are apparently doing a season ticket push and are terrified nobody will be there. They see him going as a good vehicle to help with ticket sales.

Proper sauced me lads. ITK. Agent Barlow signing out.

Gardening leave exists for these exact reasons.

@The Esk, any idea why the board haven't done it sooner?

Several theories (I say theories because unless the documentation is seen it can't be proven). Most likely an agreement that when Moshiri bought into Everton there was a clause relating to changing of manager this season. Probably would have required unanimous board approval, as we know not all the board at least up to the Leicester game wanted him to leave.

There is also Martinez's rights to consider. He's an employee on a fixed term contract and as such will be entitled to whatever settlement clauses exist for early release. That appears to have been a huge stumbling block but I'm pretty certain that's been resolved now.

If you've never heard of Wim Van Hanegem your either under 30's or a corpy grass

image.jpeg

@MoutsGoat @chicoazul

Status
Not open for further replies.