Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I accept it would be a compromise of dignity after he called us small but I for one would be prepared to make such a compromise to increase the chances of success after 21 years of nothing. It's fair enough that others wouldn't.

If it makes you feel any better, Bullet, Benitez is audacious enough to put in for the job. As and when he does, I hope and trust that those with the authority will not be as open minded or forgiving as you.

0.9 to 1.1 represents objective evidence of improvement of a team that was on the cusp of relegation. Can't think of any other Champ League winner who would take on such a job. I don't like Rafael but my point is it's foolish to dismiss a winner like him because of that dislike. We prob have 2-3 years of Moshiri being enthusiastic about spending his money here. If success doesn't come I expect him to lose interest like Villa's owner. If we want to maximise our chances we have to appoint the best option available.

He managed to take Inter from Italian and European champions to mid table in half a season.

we pay managers massive wages, well.. moyes and martinez that is.

It's an unhealthy cycle. Board pays manager too much and expect nothing except deflection from blame and PL safety. Manager accepts knowing he'll take any flak but is under no pressure to win trophies.

Problem comes when the manager veers off course a la Martinez and rightly says a Club of our calibre should be winning things. There's no problem if you hire a self preservation manager like Moyes who was complicit with Bill's tempering of expectations.

Basically we all know something has to give sooner rather than later.

You don't understand why there is resistance to Rafael...

really....

Plus, he is a relegated manager now, we want to stay clear of them.

Specially the bad beaut ones.
I don't fully understand why he's dismissed out of hand by many. I do fully understand why he's disliked as I share the feeling but I'm willing to get over that if it increases our chances of success after 21 years without any.

Roberto Martinez misses Everton training as players anticipate under-fire manager's sacking after Premier League slump
By MATT LAWTON

PUBLISHED: 21:03 EST, 12 May 2016 | UPDATED: 21:04 EST, 12 May 2016

Everton's players concluded on Thursday morning that they have lost their manager after Roberto Martinez did not show at the club training ground.

A club spokesman insisted a decision has not yet been reached on the future of the Spaniard and stressed that no training session was scheduled after Wednesday night's defeat at Sunderland.

But the fact that Martinez was not in his office, as expected, has certainly led the players to believe his tenure at Goodison Park is rapidly drawing to a close.

340E085800000578-3586450-Roberto_Martinez_alone_downcast_arms_tightly_crossed_his_default-m-11_1463051078850.jpg

+2
Roberto Martinez, alone, downcast, arms tightly-crossed, his default position as Everton's season unravelled

340F075300000578-3586450-image-a-3_1463042615940.jpg

+2
Martinez spins on his heels in frustration during Everton's tame surrender at Sunderland on Wednesday night

Everton's miserable season hit a new low when they were comfortably brushed aside 3-0 by Sunderland at the Stadium of Light.

Following that defeat at the hands of the Premier League;s 17th placed side Martinez remained defiant about his future - and claimed the side's FA Cup semi-final defeat to Manchester United had hit the club hard.

Asked if he believed he retained his players' support the former Wigan boss said: '100 per cent - I know the players gave everything they have.'

'Since the FA Cup semi-final it has been difficult for us to get that belief and intensity in the league and Sunderland were the opposite - a fully focused team who created a good momentum because they were close to finishing the job.

'We were a little bit pedestrian but I thought the effort and intent was there in a very competitive game.

'It was a very tough result for us to take. We kept pushing and creating chances and in the latter stages of the game we hit the post and the bar and we didn't get anything.

'Overall we fought for every ball and we put in a lot of effort, but Sunderland scored the goals.'

More to follow.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...cking-Premier-League-slump.html#ixzz48RHoYbxs
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I don't fully understand why he's dismissed out of hand by many. I do fully understand why he's disliked as I share the feeling but I'm willing to get over that if it increases our chances of success after 21 years without any.
Mate if you don't get it,you never will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back