Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think he is building a fantastic side and should be given time to do it. I think until the end of next season at a minimum.

I voted in, but more out of hope that he can make the needed adjustments than expectation. I am SO sick of going up in a game and either watch an unassailable lead become a draw or a slim one become a loss. Anyone, I mean anyone, can score against us. What upsets me most is that if he leaves, this squad will be dismantled. So I feel pessimistic about our future whether he stays or goes. Remember how we felt just before the start of his second season with us? Hate supporting Everton sometimes.

Why would he change now? He didn't at Wigan and hasn't so far here even with last season being so poor. There is no chance at all he will do anything differently. It won't happen this season, but once Lukaku goes unless he is extremely lucky in finding a replacement he will relegate us

First season fluke by the looks of it and it does happen,pretty clear we are going backwards with a pathetic 17 wins in 65 odd games,you want this clown in charge next season without lukaku,stones and possibly barkley because the first two will definitely be gone.
I did not say in charge - unless he sees sense, he will be judged on results like every Manager- Kendall turned it around - I have always stated on this forum choosing Howard will maybe cost him his job we look devoid of confidence!

He's made some fantastic signings and has made Everton play soem of the best football we have seen - but he has had 2 years to sort the defence out - and its not the players.

In Coleman, Baines, Stones, Jagielka and Mori we have some fantastic players who aren't managing to keep a clean sheet. We were warned of an issue last season and nothing has changed - and nothing will change.

Our record since the start of last season has been dire. This is the best squad we have had in decades - which is down to Martinez, but you get the feeling that with the correct manager we could be top 4.

I don't care anymore. Stay/go.. sick of being let down by Everton. Just about remember 87 as a kid, loved 95. Just been disappointment ever since! I'm sure I'll be over it by tomorrow and itching to get back to Goodison :)

I'm not defending him, you said he's a worse manager than Smith, Kendall Mk3 and Walker, that's simply insane.

He is worse then Smith? Much worse, for Walter it was real hard times at Goodison, no money, no squad, when a player got an England call up we worried he would get sold, Walters realistic drill was 17th or higher but we did have some good moments under him, still the last Everton manager to win at Anfield, that back to back wins against Arsenal and Chelsea was a great 7 days as the gulf in class between us was massive.
Yeah it was proper grim but this is a joke now under Martinez.

A
He obviously won't be sacked mid-season, and I wouldn't want him to be. But I really don't want to see him in charge again next season.

This coming summer is gona be crazy. Gibson, Osman, Pienaar and Oviedo will all be out of contract. Tim Howard is also likely to leave, as are Stones and Lukaku imo. We may also have a takeover and I think it's the first season of the new TV deal. On top of this, we could feasibly be looking for a new manager as well. There should be LOTS of money available, but if we spend it badly we could be screwed.

All the more reason to sack him now so a new manager can assess the team and build during the off season.

He is worse then Smith? Much worse, for Walter it was real hard times at Goodison, no money, no squad, when a player got an England call up we worried he would get sold, Walters realistic drill was 17th or higher but we did have some good moments under him, still the last Everton manager to win at Anfield, that back to back wins against Arsenal and Chelsea was a great 7 days as the gulf in class between us was massive.
Yeah it was proper grim but this is a joke now under Martinez.

For me it is, in order of badness, Walker > Smith > Martinez, with Smith ahead just because some of the stuff was utterly soul destroying to watch - but it's a fair gap back to the rest. Kendall forgiven for obvious reasons.

The last 18 months of Martinez have been absolutely abysmal.

I don't care anymore. Stay/go.. sick of being let down by Everton. Just about remember 87 as a kid, loved 95. Just been disappointment ever since! I'm sure I'll be over it by tomorrow and itching to get back to Goodison :)

Exactly how I feel.

If they manage to put in any sort of professional performance and get past Carlisle I'll tune into the 5th round draw and hope we get easybeats ( how else could we hope to win? ) but the league is over and I won't care unless we really do sink into the relegation battle which would not surprise me at all. Hopefully we can avoid the ritual gutting at Anfield.

Cue in the rack for me barring that.

Hilarious that we are fuming this much after we got knocked out of the second leg of a semi-final that we went into winning. I'm as gutted as anyone and sick to teeth of this season, but get some perspective. Folks going on that he's the worst manager ever and then citing the squad he has more or less assembled is a little rich. Maybe he should go, but at least make that argument based on our league performance and our defensive frailties. Not on the back of a semi-final that we nearly squeaked and a squad that he has clearly assembled.

He built this team pretty much.we all think the squad is the best we have had in 30 yrs so he needs to be given respect for that but although we have been unlucky this season I don't think he can bring us success with the way he thinks you should win a football game.the way he makes our talented squad play will never be solid enough to succeed.

Exactly how I feel.

If they manage to put in any sort of professional performance and get past Carlisle I'll tune into the 5th round draw and hope we get easybeats ( how else could we hope to win? ) but the league is over and I won't care unless we really do sink into the relegation battle which would not surprise me at all. Hopefully we can avoid the ritual gutting at Anfield.

Cue in the rack for me barring that.
The voice of reason after a reasonable space of fume. Thought our performance was disappointing, but it was gutless. Perhaps Kone was a mistake, but I could see the logic. We didn't deserve to win, but we had some horrible decisions go against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back