Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton are a bottom half club now, you can't say you didn't know what you got with Roberto Martinez before we signed him.

Teams leak goals like crazy, can't defend, can't protect leads, play relatively decent football and have an occasional cup run, end bottom half of the league.

Guess what, he is today what he's been his whole career, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's a duck.

Why do people keep expecting him not to be what he's always been?

or it's Leon Osman?

He obviously won't be sacked mid-season, and I wouldn't want him to be. But I really don't want to see him in charge again next season.

This coming summer is gona be crazy. Gibson, Osman, Pienaar and Oviedo will all be out of contract. Tim Howard is also likely to leave, as are Stones and Lukaku imo. We may also have a takeover and I think it's the first season of the new TV deal. On top of this, we could feasibly be looking for a new manager as well. There should be LOTS of money available, but if we spend it badly we could be screwed.

It's not because of today mate. People were unhappy before but League Cup campaign meant that we should give Roberto a chance to get us into Wembley. It was his only excuse for the poor season with a very promising squad.

Yea, I get that, but if the same poll had been run 24 hours ago then the results would have been different. Defending a one goal lead at Eastlands was always going to be difficult, which is why I wouldn't do anything till the end of the season.

Basically I'm on the fence with Chico at the moment, but three years will be long enough to make a judgement for me.

I've been pro Martinez all the way through. He was a breath of fresh air after the last few years of Moyes, and what we needed. Even last year when things looked a bit grim I was behind him. He fixed the rubbish football but he looks completely incapable of organising a team to defend. I really like the man, but if he can't fix that, and at this point it really doesn't look like he can, then its Martinez out for me.

We never win 50 50 tackles any more. .. in fact we lose most 60 40 ones as well.... gone pure soft... no drive no hunger no determination.... fml

I don't see us making many tackles at all to be honest. Jockeying all the way into our 18 yard box! And we never seem to cut out crosses.

I voted in, but more out of hope that he can make the needed adjustments than expectation. I am SO sick of going up in a game and either watch an unassailable lead become a draw or a slim one become a loss. Anyone, I mean anyone, can score against us. What upsets me most is that if he leaves, this squad will be dismantled. So I feel pessimistic about our future whether he stays or goes. Remember how we felt just before the start of his second season with us? Hate supporting Everton sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back