Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I've calmed down...

The harsh reality is that he won't be going anywhere bar a takeover.

We will string a few results together at the end of the season after getting knocked out the fa cup to mask the failings as we always do and he will go again next season.

Change at the club is only going to come from the top.

It's all good blaming Martinez but he's an immovable object, its the board pressure needs to be put on if we want to progress

Says a lot when we're encouraged by a goalkeeper's performance after conceding 3.

I know , its crazy isnt it. I think Robles coming out to head clear that dangerous over the top must have been akin to cavemen seeing the first fire or that young deaf kid who could hear for the first time in their lives with a new hearing aid.
It was groundbreaking.

I have been of the belief for a long time that Howard is the stubborn rock on which Martinez will perish.
It is too late for him to drop Howard now

Voted out because he's starting to show the same level of one dimensionality that Moyes did. Voting out makes me a little sad because I genuinely like him.

Not sure I want a knee jerk mid season sacking, but this may be necessary to keep the squad quality.

I'm gutted we lost tonight, but I see no reason why a 3-1 loss to a very good City side is a reason to change anyone's view on Martinez.

He has the rest of the season for me. I'm by no means convinced he's the long term answer, but he's doing a lot of good things at the club which will help in the long term. He might not be the man to finish the job, but now isn't the time to change the manager.
It's not because of today mate. People were unhappy before but League Cup campaign meant that we should give Roberto a chance to get us into Wembley. It was his only excuse for the poor season with a very promising squad.

Everton are a bottom half club now, you can't say you didn't know what you got with Roberto Martinez before we signed him.

Teams leak goals like crazy, can't defend, can't protect leads, play relatively decent football and have an occasional cup run, end bottom half of the league.

Guess what, he is today what he's been his whole career, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's a duck.

Why do people keep expecting him not to be what he's always been?

We never win 50 50 tackles any more. .. in fact we lose most 60 40 ones as well.... gone pure soft... no drive no hunger no determination.... fml

Now I've calmed down...

We will string a few results together at the end of the season after getting knocked out the fa cup to mask the failings as we always do and he will go again next season.

It's all good blaming Martinez but he's an immovable object, its the board pressure needs to be put on if we want to progress

The most depressing aspect is that there was definitely a chance for us to go forward this season and make a push at the top.

It would be quite something if United, Liverpool and Chelsea all fail like this in a season again any time soon.

Everton are a bottom half club now, you can't say you didn't know what you got with Roberto Martinez before we signed him.

Teams leak goals like crazy, can't defend, can't protect leads, play relatively decent football and have an occasional cup run, end bottom half of the league.

Guess what, he is today what he's been his whole career, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's a duck.

Why do people keep expecting him not to be what he's always been?

Insightful commentary. Going to presume you're drunk?

Martinez has seemingly improved the squad, he has certainly brought the age down. He has had more money than Moyes ever had.

His philosophy will never get us further up the table without improved defending. His only good season was with Moyes defence instilled in the team.

He's proven that his way doesn't work in his 6 or 7 seasons in the premier league. Wigan fans said all the same things we are saying, split the fans, good football, crap defence. Will occasionally get the rub of the green in games and beat teams when not expected too but more often than not let too many goals in to make any progress.

I've had enough. Really wanted it to work but it's not going to, sorry.

A sensible post in a sea of fume.

End of the season and a new manager.

Now I've calmed down...

The board have absolutely nothing to do with his abject failure this season

He's had the funds, he's spent them well in the main, but he can't organise a defence and seemingly has no interest in doing so, as clean sheets are of no interest to him - his own words.

His precious philosophy is an ego trip that is borderline delusional, as it patently doesn't work.

I dont know how Martinez can go into Finch Farm tomorrow and think he is progressing.
Not sure where he goes from here.
The equaliser at Chelsea was massive looking back now.
something really needs to change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back