Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez has seemingly improved the squad, he has certainly brought the age down. He has had more money than Moyes ever had.

His philosophy will never get us further up the table without improved defending. His only good season was with Moyes defence instilled in the team.

He's proven that his way doesn't work in his 6 or 7 seasons in the premier league. Wigan fans said all the same things we are saying, split the fans, good football, crap defence. Will occasionally get the rub of the green in games and beat teams when not expected too but more often than not let too many goals in to make any progress.

I've had enough. Really wanted it to work but it's not going to, sorry.

I do not mind Davek. he talks a lot of sense but i think he has a serious bromance with Martinez. Everyone is entitled to there opinions however wrong you might think they are. He is a good lad and has Everton at his heart.

I think Davek is the greatest internetter alive, just a lot of people don't "get" him. He will not make any of the concessions I've made here, make no mistake.

And I agree, he has failed for the last 2 seasons. But I won't be ashamed of having had the belief in the first place. His debut season and the talent he brought in bought him plenty of credit with me at least, and I want him to see out the season. At least you're not one of the Doomsayers who thinks the next man will inherit a shambles. Whoever walks into this club, whenever that may be, will walk into a club brimming with potential, and it will be glorious with a bit more steel. I predict a bright future ahead.

Absolutely. Hopefully the next boss will get the chance to use them, or at least get the full amount of money from their sales plus more to improve it again.

Sack him and get someone else him. Favre seems great. Pereira seems great too. Please, I'm tired of this now.

The League Cup was keeping him his job. We're out of it now, and he should be out of a job now too.

The only way I see him here by the end of the season now is if we win the FA Cup, or at least finish top 5. Honestly just want him gone.

The Newcastle game at Goodison could be a huge one, lose that and the atmosphere will be pure poison and I think you'll begin to see the crowd property turn on Martinez.

The Newcastle game at Goodison could be a huge one, lose that and the atmosphere will be pure poison and I think you'll begin to see the crowd property turn on Martinez.

If we go 0-1 down early (for a change) it will get bad, no doubt about it

I think Davek is the greatest internetter alive, just a lot of people don't "get" him. He will not make any of the concessions I've made here, make no mistake.
He is ok, he speaks his mind and is absolutely brilliant with facts and figures...he sounds like my [Poor language removed] boss.

I think the screw is already turning tbh. It's sad in a way, because the pressure can't help what is already fragile confidence, but it will take something monumental to turn it around. Come on, Bobby.

Anyone with half a brain could see that Cleverley had stunk the place out (again) and needed to come off.

Kone holds up the ball does he? Hmm, maybe against Sunderland like. It was his hilarious attempt to do so that led directly to their 2nd goal.

Del was at least an outlet - I don't understand how Lennon doesn't get on in these games, he works hard and would have protected Stones far, far better than Del and Kone managed. He's also a pacey outlet.

But no, what we really needed was Cleverley on the left, Kone on the right... and to concede two in 20 minutes to go out.

It's painful how desperate he is to shoehorn Cleverley into this side. The guy is awful
From the horses mouth - cleverly " isn't arsed about Everton".

I voted to keep RM. I have concerns about the defensive side of the teams he puts out, but I do think there is a lot right with what he is doing.

We were playing a team tonight that cost hundreds of millions, De Bruyne alone was nearly 60m, one of the most expensive teams in the world and we were undone by an illegal goal.

But, everybody is entitled to their opinon .

However, I don't think that RM leaving Everton is even remotely on the agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back