Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The young stars have signed up for their pay checks at the end of the week. Lukaku and Stones will have no qualms with binning whatever this project is off when the big teams come calling.
Stones, who knows. I really think Lukaku buys into it too. I remember Cleverly's winner against Newcastle (the game where he ended his scoring streak in consecutive games) he was incredibly happy. Elated and really into it. That said I do think he'll be extremely tempted to make a move to further his career. However that'll be a professional move, and he'd leave with fond Everton memories, rather than a money grabbing move. Naturally I hope and pray he's convinced here next to season to give this all one more shot.

Will he really? Someone's got to come in and restructure a defence he's destroyed. Martinez inherited the 6th best team in England when I left, I can't see us occupying that position when he leaves.

Give it another and the situation could be even worse.

Stock up on tinfoil mate, you're going to need a lot of hats.

He took over a side that finished 6th the year he arrived and taken them back to 11th last season and god knows where this - but it won't be 6th for sure.

The notion he's taken us forwards is absolute rot. He's had a far bigger budget than his predecessor and he's delivered the square root of jack with it in reality.

With better players he's taken us backwards, and fooled some people into thinking we've made progress.

It's quite an achievement when you think about it.

He took over a side that finished 6th the year he arrived and taken them back to 11th last season and god knows where this - but it won't be 6th for sure.

The notion he's taken us forwards is absolute rot. He's had a far bigger budget than his predecessor and he's delivered the square root of jack with it in reality.

He certainly has in terms of young talent.

I like him too, but can't help looking at the results over the last couple of seasons. What's more worrying is that many of us feared that once Moyes's influence on the defence wore off we'd be in trouble, and it seems to be going that way. I want to believe but I'm losing faith pretty steadily..

Stats don't liem highest points total in a premier league season for Everton (fluke or poor edition of premier league) and one a half terrible seasons of massive underachievment.

He's crap

He's delivered nothing with it, but could there feasibly be some delivery with a bit of organisation? Absolutely. We have a first 11 that could match any in the league, just a soft underbelly that might well prove to be Martinez' downfall. Very satisfied with our squad though, and Roberto deserves credit for that.

Stones, who knows. I really think Lukaku buys into it too. I remember Cleverly's winner against Newcastle (the game where he ended his scoring streak in consequetive games) he was incredibly happy. Elated and really into it. That said I do think he'll be extremely tempted to make a move to further his career. However that'll be a professional move, and he'd leave with fond Everton memories, rather than a money grabbing move. Naturally I hope and pray he's convinced here next to season to give this all one more shot.

Lukkau's agent makes me inclined to think he'll be moving on this summer regardless unfortunately. I wouldn't blame any of them going right now, they've all had valuable experiences this season (apart from Stones who I think has been poorly managed).

Sorry with a first XI like ours being in the bottom half is not acceptable. Look at the likes of palace or Leicester ffs. Lukaku is better than all their forwards, stones and jags is as good a partnership outside of Spurs two Belgians in the league, Barkley stones and del are the 3 best young players in the division and we are bottom half.

It's down to the manager, the buck always stops with the manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back