Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All the talk about who will take over if he does go, believe me there will be managers looking at that team and thinking what they could do. This isn't the Everton that moyes inherited with gazza ginola etc it's a team of potential stars.

And all this we can't afford to sack him bs; rule 1 of financial planning is contingency planning, money will be set aside if the call needs to be made.

Unfortunately for bobby he has tore the fight and willingness to survive from this team, we once had players who would die for a result. Now we have a manager who wants players to take inspiration from a 3-1 defeat. Words fail me

I said it earlier in the thread but even someone like Mark Hughes would have us doing so much better. We're not replacing a quality manager here, it's Roberto Martinez of relegation fame. This will be as good as it gets for him, doubtlessly.
I felt the same but never had the gaul to say it out loud, so I just liked your post and stayed in the shadows.

Lukkau's agent makes me inclined to think he'll be moving on this summer regardless unfortunately. I wouldn't blame any of them going right now, they've all had valuable experiences this season (apart from Stones who I think has been poorly managed).
Yeah he does seem like a bit of a cowboy, shopping his clients around. Stones again I dunno. I mean it's clear this season that teams are targeting his when he's on the ball so it's a bit of a new test for him now. If he can excel at it in a similar manner to which he's developed so far then he'll begin to fulfil the projected career for him. He has 16 PL games to show it now

He's delivered nothing with it, but could there feasibly be some delivery with a bit of organisation? Absolutely. We have a first 11 that could match any in the league, just a soft underbelly that might well prove to be Martinez' downfall. Very satisfied with our squad though, and Roberto deserves credit for that.
He's proved he's not capable of that organisation though mate, that's the point. I too would give him credit for most of the squad additions, but he's failed to deliver with the talent at his disposal. It really is that simple.

It's just a real shame that the squad will break up in the summer after the abject failure that he's overseen this season. At least if the new owners do make a change the new man will have a whacking budget to rebuild and create his own side

He's delivered nothing with it, but could there feasibly be some delivery with a bit of organisation? Absolutely. We have a first 11 that could match any in the league, just a soft underbelly that might well prove to be Martinez' downfall. Very satisfied with our squad though, and Roberto deserves credit for that.

Mate the bigger picture is that there is no organisation, that left after season 1 ended. We've conceded 110 goals in a season and a half, alarm bells should have been ringing last year.

He deserves credit for brining in some really good players, the same way moyes deserves credit for dragging us from the depths to top 7 on a regular basis. But they will both go down as failures in terms of delivering silverware.

RM is slowly taking us backwards, goodison is a free ride for away teams nowadays, it's embarrassing

I'd usually say assess at the end of the season and get rid then.

However, it's the second successive season of unacceptable underperformance, so for me I'd say get rid now and make it plain that this level of underperformance isn't good enough for our club.

I really don't think we'd go down regardless, so I see no downside to getting rid now.
I like this........ even though I voted .... keep him.. this makes sense......... cba changing my vote .

Kenwright will never sack a manager we are stuck with him. Does any fan want this manager in a relegation battle. We do all understand we are (in pre martinez ear absolutely hammered every match) (Martinez era ..beaten ) newcastle at home is vital. Forget Carlisle.

There is zero chance Martinez is getting sacked.

Kenwright has paraded him to Moores and Noell as one of the clubs most valuable assets.

Wanted Martinez to succeed. He hasn't and track record suggests he won't.

Kone for Deulofeu. Embarrassing.

Anyone with half a brain could see Del was getting leggy and Rom was struggling ergo bring on a second striker who a) holds the ball up and b) allows our main striker to get himself in goalscoring areas without having to drift out. If he'd had stayed on and made a mistake that cost us then Martinez would still have been crucified for not taking him off earlier. If anything I would have left McCarthy till last to sure it up and got Pienaar or Lennon on for Osman, and going with a straight 3 across the midfield

Kenwright will never sack a manager we are stuck with him. Does any fan want this manager in a relegation battle. We do all understand we are (in pre martinez ear absolutely hammered every match) (Martinez era ..beaten ) newcastle at home is vital. Forget Carlisle.

He sacked Walter Smith

I don't know, but this forum could well blow up the Internet when he arrives. I don't see how I'm towing Davek's line tbh, I've ceded a lot of ground here, and can say that our current season is on course to be sackably crap if it follows its current trajectory.

I do not mind Davek. he talks a lot of sense but i think he has a serious bromance with Martinez. Everyone is entitled to there opinions however wrong you might think they are. He is a good lad and has Everton at his heart.

He's proved he's not capable of that organisation though mate, that's the point. I too would give him credit for most of the squad additions, but he's failed to deliver with the talent at his disposal. It really is that simple.

And I agree, he has failed for the last 2 seasons. But I won't be ashamed of having had the belief in the first place. His debut season and the talent he brought in bought him plenty of credit with me at least, and I want him to see out the season. At least you're not one of the Doomsayers who thinks the next man will inherit a shambles. Whoever walks into this club, whenever that may be, will walk into a club brimming with potential, and it will be glorious with a bit more steel. I predict a bright future ahead.

Stuck because there isn't another club in the top 2 leagues that would want him. Sad times ahead for the blues, lads.

Anyone with half a brain could see Del was getting leggy and Rom was struggling ergo bring on a second striker who a) holds the ball up and b) allows our main striker to get himself in goalscoring areas without having to drift out. If he'd had stayed on and made a mistake that cost us then Martinez would still have been crucified for not taking him off earlier. If anything I would have left McCarthy till last to sure it up and got Pienaar or Lennon on for Osman, and going with a straight 3 across the midfield

Anyone with half a brain could see that Cleverley had stunk the place out (again) and needed to come off.

Kone holds up the ball does he? Hmm, maybe against Sunderland like. It was his hilarious attempt to do so that led directly to their 2nd goal.

Del was at least an outlet - I don't understand how Lennon doesn't get on in these games, he works hard and would have protected Stones far, far better than Del and Kone managed. He's also a pacey outlet.

But no, what we really needed was Cleverley on the left, Kone on the right... and to concede two in 20 minutes to go out.

It's painful how desperate he is to shoehorn Cleverley into this side. The guy is awful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back