Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In. Doubts are creeping in though. If all our young stars buy into the 'Martinez project' then I'm disappointed in their lack of snarl/snide/pure desire, dogs of war style, to win. City wanted to win and they executed it professionally. Wish our old heads/manager could sort that out.

We need a manager who can get his teams to defend as a unit . Just look at Wigan everyone always said they were a decent team but by Christ they used to leak goals by the bucketful. Organise the defence first then make a team from there, its not difficult my sons under 11 team can even do that.

Who said it had to be one or the other? I'm behind the club, I have also said I like him as a person.

Doesn't mean I want him to continue managing us this way.

You did, and I quote "if you're gonna be a super fan, be a super fan of Everton FC not Martinez"

In. Doubts are creeping in though. If all our young stars buy into the 'Martinez project' then I'm disappointed in their lack of snarl/snide/pure desire, dogs of war style, to win. City wanted to win and they executed it professionally. Wish our old heads/manager could sort that out.

The young stars have signed up for their pay checks at the end of the week. Lukaku and Stones will have no qualms with binning whatever this project is off when the big teams come calling.

Problem is, if we did sack Roberto, we all know we would just get Moyes back in. Kenwright wouldn't be able to help himself.

It's literally like these two are the only options.

Rock and a hard place.
Moyes will never be back.

The fear of Moyes ginger barnet reappearing is no reason to keep this fella in situ.

It's atrocious mate, swallow your pride, you're far to sensible to be taken in by his style over substance mentality. Like is said earlier, as tonight was a domestic cup night, tonight was his 70th domestic game since the 2-a-piece draw away at the KP stadium on the opening day of last season, in 90 minutes he has won 21. Even if you include all victories no matter what, you can only add a AET victory over League one Barnley and a Draw AET V Norwich reserves. So that takes his grand total up to 22 in 70. Why would you want to defend that at the expense of Everton?

He simply isn't good enough, their is no mystery behind this issue, it's a blatant fact, the stats are indisputable.

Can you, hand on heart, name another manager in this league, with this squad, who you would place your mortgage on getting less wins in the past 19 months? If so who and show your workings.

We are a great football club with a really good squad, probably the best of our PL era, we are about to come into more money than ever before, anyone with any ambition would bite the hands off our board to take charge.

Martinez is over 50% through his 7th season as a Premier League manager and only once has he bettered or at least met expectation placed up on him.

He is completely useless. If you're gonna be a super fan be a super fan of Everton's not Martinez.

Ha! I can be a fan of both. If he gets the boot at the end of the season, he'll have left us in far better shape than when he came in. Young potential will have been properly developed, a great spine will be waiting for whoever takes the reins and, probably, a substantial war chest from one or two players sold.

I can readily admit that our current course would be grounds to fire him if it continues to the end of the season, but I'll still be grateful to him. Some of our "Superfans" on here are having absolute meltdowns, ripping him to shreds and calling him every name under the sun. If being a Superfan means having a nerd spasm every time we get a bad result, I'll happily accept the title of fan.

Sacking him now isn't really an option. As for the rest of this season, I think it'll be a lot like last year - we'll stumble to about 44 - 50 points, finish about 10th - 14th, exit the FA Cup as soon as we face a top half Premiership side.

I just hope that the powers that be at Everton are actively looking for a new manager and that he'll be in place by June. Who? I admit I don't know. Martinez clearly isn't the answer, though. You can't blame officials or bad luck for the last two years' poor results.

Another point against RM - the goalkeeper. Now if he believes Howard is the best keeper at the Club, why did he leave him out in the most important game of the season? I don't rate Robles but he's surely shown himself to be a better bet than Tim Howard.

We have three regular England internationals in the defence, yet we concede two goals or more time after time. Why is this?

Ha! I can be a fan of both. If he gets the boot at the end of the season, he'll have left us in far better shape than when he came in. Young potential will have been properly developed, a great spine will be waiting for whoever takes the reins and, probably, a substantial war chest from one or two players sold.

I can readily admit that our current course would be grounds to fire him if it continues to the end of the season, but I'll still be grateful to him. Some of our "Superfans" on here are having absolute meltdowns, ripping him to shreds and calling him every name under the sun. If being a Superfan means having a nerd spasm every time we get a bad result, I'll happily accept the title of fan.

Will he really? Someone's got to come in and restructure a defence he's destroyed. Martinez inherited the 6th best team in England when I left, I can't see us occupying that position when he leaves.

Give it another and the situation could be even worse.

He took over a side that finished 6th the year he arrived and taken them back to 11th last season and god knows where this - but it won't be 6th for sure.

The notion he's taken us forwards is absolute rot. He's had a far bigger budget than his predecessor and he's delivered the square root of jack with it in reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back