Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The team don't press, the team don't track, the deflected goals we give away are usually when players turn their backs,we don't hassle,we bottle out of 50/50's,we don't track runners, we don't mark zones, we don't close down,we don't argue decisions that go against us, we are as soft as anything and we are everything the manager stands for which isn't good enough for our football club..

All of the above can't be argued against because we've had over 18 months of this now.

Go back in time, there were very little calls for him. The talk on forums was for Vitor Pariera when he was still at Porto. When he was announced the majority weren't happy because of what happened at Wigan. The portrait was a silly idea from the CLUB not Martinez himself.

So people had an alternative preference prior to Martinez being taken on, but they weren't castigating him once he came to Everton. If anything everyone went totally overboard with the Martinez love-in.

You can't argue against his positivity, but this is a young squad who have been robbed of a victory at stamford bridge and a place at wembley, arguably by things that aren't even their fault.
If it was Rodgers saying that post that game we'd be pissing ourselves at the deluded beaut.

His positivity is just meaningless empty sound bites, I don't want jarg media positivity. I want to see it on the pitch with the players delivering his strategy. He's achieved 3 home wins all season and despite having 3 of England's first choice back 4, we're absolutely rank defensively, with one of the poorest defensive records in the league.

The man couldn't make a back line out of a World XI back 4, as he doesn't have them working on defensive drills in training. It's all about his philosophy, some deluded desire to play like Barca in the PL, you score 4 we'll score 5. It patently doesn't work. Wigerton is his legacy.

I don't think that's the case to be honest. I've been loyal to Martinez because it has felt like we were on the cusp of something exciting. This is a big blow, to be sure, but the season isn't over and there's still time to see something materialise.

That being said, tonight will be a crushing blow to our lads' already fragile confidence, and even I can admit it will be very difficult to claw back any sort of success before the end of the season.
It's atrocious mate, swallow your pride, you're far to sensible to be taken in by his style over substance mentality. Like I said earlier, as tonight was a domestic cup night, tonight was his 70th domestic game since the 2-a-piece draw away at the KP stadium on the opening day of last season, in 90 minutes he has won 21. Even if you include all victories no matter what, you can only add a AET victory over League one Barnley and a Draw AET V Norwich reserves. So that takes his grand total up to 22 in 70. Why would you want to defend that at the expense of Everton?

He simply isn't good enough, their is no mystery behind this issue, it's a blatant fact, the stats are indisputable.

Can you, hand on heart, name another manager in this league, with this squad, who you would place your mortgage on getting less wins in the past 19 months? If so who and show your workings.

We are a great football club with a really good squad, probably the best of our PL era, we are about to come into more money than ever before, anyone with any ambition would bite the hands off our board to take charge.

Martinez is over 50% through his 7th season as a Premier League manager and only once has he bettered or at least met expectation placed up on him.

He is completely useless. If you're gonna be a super fan be a super fan of Everton's not Martinez.

Last edited:
If it was Rodgers saying that post that game we'd be pissing ourselves at the deluded beaut.

His positivity is just meaningless empty sound bites, I don't want jarg media positivity. I want to see it on the pitch with the players delivering his strategy. He's achieved 3 home wins all season and despite having 3 of England's first choice back 4, we're absolutely rank defensively, with one of the poorest defensive records in the league.

The man couldn't make a back line out of a World XI back 4 p, as he doesn't have them working on defensive drills in training. It's all about his philosophy, some deluded desire to play like Barca in the PL, you score 4 we'll score 5. It patently doesn't work. Wigerton is his legacy.

not much of an accomplishment tbh, the competitors are players like phill jones, gary cahill and kieren gibbs, spain won't be quaking in their boots just yet.

So people had an alternative preference prior to Martinez being taken on, but they weren't castigating him once he came to Everton. If anything everyone went totally overboard with the Martinez love-in.

I did see murmurs on some forums when we had a bit of a slump that first season like. There was a slight overreaction granted but I think that was born more out relief after Moyes' last couple of seasons as it felt more fresher and dynamic

Out. I like him personally, as a I suspect most of you do too. While Moyes was too far out at one end of the spectrum Martinez is too far out at the other. We need someone who can coach both defense and attack - and significantly, get the teams to win football matches once in a while. We´ve had two seasons of this garbage now and enough is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back