Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Football is like a curse. We can't switch our allegiances, we have to remain involved with the club we have all supported since we were ankle biters. No matter what happens, Everton are weaved in to our lives. It means years and years and years and years of disappointment and disillusion, but for extremely rare moments where you feel like you've reached paradise.

In the 21 years since - i've forgotten what paradise is like

You can't argue against his positivity, but this is a young squad who have been robbed of a victory at stamford bridge and a place at wembley, arguably by things that aren't even their fault.

But both goals could and should have been stopped at source, long before the goal itself.

Look at Kone's pathetic attempt to hold up the ball for their second.

Look at McCarthy turn away from De Bruyne for the third.

Even down at Chelsea, it was a basic cross into the box, no one dealt with it. We were 2-0 up ffs.

We've not been robbed. We've bottled it again, and again, and again. Stoke... Leicester... Bournemouth.... Swansea.... Chelsea.... City tonight. It just goes on and on and on. He's not been on the end of horror decisions across the last 61 games every game, which has led to him winning just 18 games. 18!

Said it in the match thread but I hope he resigns, not because I think he's crap/out of depth/clueless, not because of results which admittedly haven't been the best but because he's had zero respect from the majority since the day he walked into the club nearly 3 years ago.

I feel sorry for the man, you can see it in his eyes how much its hurting inside seeing his ideals not come to fruition but stubbornness is a trait that is hard to shake off and will ultimately be the end of him.

We all want success for our club, I personally wanted him to be the man to bring it but the way the majority have acted it would only be right to give them a manager they deserve, one who shuts up defensively but nulifies attack and instead of vibrant attacking young players we have a team fully of journeymen and plodders

Well, at least we can put to bed the idea that this is a multi of mine!

What an absolute load of bollocks. The feller had a gigantic portrait of himself put on the side of Goodison Park FFS. People were creaming themselves over his crazy football and gobshite commentary. There have been at least three terrace anthems created and sung in his name. People were stating that they were worried that Barcelona would come in for him. The idea that he was never given a chance is pure BS mate.

Go back in time, there were very little calls for him. The talk on forums was for Vitor Pariera when he was still at Porto. When he was announced the majority weren't happy because of what happened at Wigan. The portrait was a silly idea from the CLUB not Martinez himself.

did you say that when we were battering chelsea at stamford bridge a few days ago? i'd have agreed with that statement last season, but not this.

I would've still been saying it. Even the worst teams pull off good results if given enough chances. It doesn't mask the poor management at all. And we didn't win the game anyway.

But both goals could and should have been stopped at source, long before the goal itself.

Look at Kone's pathetic attempt to hold up the ball for their second.

Look at McCarthy turn away from De Bruyne for the third.

Even down at Chelsea, it was a basic cross into the box, no one dealt with it. We were 2-0 up ffs.

We've not been robbed. We've bottled it again, and again, and again. Stoke... Leicester... Bournemouth.... Swansea.... Chelsea.... City tonight. It just goes on and on and on. He's not been on the end of horror decisions across the last 61 games every game, which has led to him winning just 18 games. 18!

How can't people understand that we'd all be bemoaning unlucky decisions tonight had he bothered to get the team winning games throughout the season?

The reaction on here right now isn't based on what we saw this evening. It's the fact the entire season hinged on this one game because we've been so poor since August.

In for me.

But with some changes.

Keeper gone and replaced, and a creative midfielder of proven quality to feed the attacking players we have.

I'm pretty patient regarding our managers after suffering quite a few duds in my time, but :
he's not learning from his mistakes ; his positivity is toe curling at times ; you wonder who takes training in the week and whether any of the backroom staff has the wherewithal to question his methods ; his stubbornness in many areas is concerning because adaption is surely a prerequisite to progress as a manager, all in all I see no reason why he's going to change his way of management now, or in the future, so,time to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back