Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Centre half at right back when there's Coleman on the bench.
Del off for Kone. Lennon left on bench.
Sends Mori up front for last few minutes but we still pass it out from the back.

Tactics and team selection are just a joke now.

Said it in the match thread but I hope he resigns, not because I think he's crap/out of depth/clueless, not because of results which admittedly haven't been the best but because he's had zero respect from the majority since the day he walked into the club nearly 3 years ago.

I feel sorry for the man, you can see it in his eyes how much its hurting inside seeing his ideals not come to fruition but stubbornness is a trait that is hard to shake off and will ultimately be the end of him.

We all want success for our club, I personally wanted him to be the man to bring it but the way the majority have acted it would only be right to give them a manager they deserve, one who shuts up defensively but nulifies attack and instead of vibrant attacking young players we have a team fully of journeymen and plodders
It's the fans who pay the hard earned money to watch the poor football week in and out that i feel sorry for.

Martinez talks a good game...but he cannot manage one very well. I like the bloke but I wish he'd leave Everton. But unfortunately, the job is his for as long as he wants. It is the safest job in world football. And that fact speaks volumes for what EFC has become.

The whole feel around the club has become stale and boring, for the fans and the players, add in the glaringly obvious confusion in the team and it just becomes like some real shyte improv jazz fusion mentality, play at different styles and tempos and eventually at one point everything just clicks, for 5 seconds then goes on its merry way again

we need to change, properly. But not Rafael. No Rafatollhs for this boy, no sirree...

Said it in the match thread but I hope he resigns, not because I think he's crap/out of depth/clueless, not because of results which admittedly haven't been the best but because he's had zero respect from the majority since the day he walked into the club nearly 3 years ago.

I feel sorry for the man, you can see it in his eyes how much its hurting inside seeing his ideals not come to fruition but stubbornness is a trait that is hard to shake off and will ultimately be the end of him.

We all want success for our club, I personally wanted him to be the man to bring it but the way the majority have acted it would only be right to give them a manager they deserve, one who shuts up defensively but nulifies attack and instead of vibrant attacking young players we have a team fully of journeymen and plodders
Nobodies saying thats what they want mate, they're just sick of conceding goals all the time

Think its 39 goals in the last 30 games, plus the amount of times we've conceded two or more:
Watford (2)
Man City (2)
Barnsley (3)
West Brom (2)
Man Utd (3)
Arsenal (2)
Sunderland (2)
Bournemouth (3)
Leicester (3)
Stoke (4)
Chelsea (3)
Swansea (2)
Man City (3)

That's over half of the league teams for a start, shocking now that I look at it

I've just had a quick peak through our results this season and the one possible turning point could be away at Bournemouth? How we didn't win that is beyond me but it then gave others hope that we were fragile and clearly we have gone on to drop a significant amount of points.

First season record prem points - Howard kendall was wanted out - RM needs to sort things I stated playing Tim week in week out would affect the team, and it has!

First season fluke by the looks of it and it does happen,pretty clear we are going backwards with a pathetic 17 wins in 65 odd games,you want this clown in charge next season without lukaku,stones and possibly barkley because the first two will definitely be gone.

It is. We score goals, but the style is mindnumbing. Passing the ball around in front of the defence for 90 minutes is just terrible.

E.g. We had a free kick about 40 yards out at one point today, with an angle to cross the ball in. But we don't put it into the box. We pass it backwards/sideways twice, and its back at Joel. That wouldn't have happened under any previous Everton manager. It's awful.

did you say that when we were battering chelsea at stamford bridge a few days ago? i'd have agreed with that statement last season, but not this.

Doesn't have to be everything at once though, does it? Martinez promised CL football, and now we look closer to being relegated than achieving that. He had a great first year and since then it's just gotten worse and worse. Bobby seems like a nice fella, but I think he'd be more successful in Spain than he ever will be here. Time for a switch to let a new manager come in and settle and see what he has before the summer.

Do you even understand what I am saying ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back