Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's bad taste to do this after a defeat in a semi when feelings are high.

Pathetic

But is it really? Its not like we have had a half decent season and last seasons was ok as well. Its been over 18 months of abject performances with shocking defensive performances. I'm not usually one to want to pull the trigger on a manager, but when the same things happen again and again and again, why do we think anything is going to change between now and the end of the season? People keep telling me that we have this wonderful squad of 50m plus players, so why are we sitting 12th in the league whilst teams like Watford, Palace,Stoke and Southampton are above us?? There is a flaw in the managers philosophy which he blindly chooses to ignore, whilst the fans etc can see it. This is a real issue which isn't going away anytime soon.

Said it in the match thread but I hope he resigns, not because I think he's crap/out of depth/clueless, not because of results which admittedly haven't been the best but because he's had zero respect from the majority since the day he walked into the club nearly 3 years ago.

I feel sorry for the man, you can see it in his eyes how much its hurting inside seeing his ideals not come to fruition but stubbornness is a trait that is hard to shake off and will ultimately be the end of him.

We all want success for our club, I personally wanted him to be the man to bring it but the way the majority have acted it would only be right to give them a manager they deserve, one who shuts up defensively but nulifies attack and instead of vibrant attacking young players we have a team fully of journeymen and plodders

just a tip mate; I don't think you're doing you case any good by bigging up Moyes...just a feeling I have.

Thanks for the advice. I'm not saying we should've kept him. Far from it. It was the right time for him to leave when he did and I don't want him back. I just think he was a bit better than Martinez. That's all. And with current evidence, that isn't such a controversial statement.

Agree.
But as I say it merely papers over the cracks
Doesn't have to be everything at once though, does it? Martinez promised CL football, and now we look closer to being relegated than achieving that. He had a great first year and since then it's just gotten worse and worse. Bobby seems like a nice fella, but I think he'd be more successful in Spain than he ever will be here. Time for a switch to let a new manager come in and settle and see what he has before the summer.

I completely agree. This may sound controversial or damn right mad but we looked better when Baines was injured. Galloway for me was decent and didn't deserve to just lose his place.

To be fair Baines was brilliant against Chelsea. Galloway was starting to look tired, teams were starting to target him, and he was starting to make mistakes, going to be a boss player though.

It's more than the results now, it's the comments. He is clearly stating that he isn't bothered about the defensive side of our game, which shows we will continue to concede at a great rate.

I read a stat that says he averages 60 goals per season conceded across his managerial career. Anyone thinking that will change is mad

He needs to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back