Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Football is a game of fine margins. Tonight was a massive game for both the club and the manager.

What we got was yet more of what we've seen for the best part of 2 years. A lack of closing down, dropping off and conceding ground, dicking about at the back with no purpose, a lack of tempo in possession, crap substitutions, awful game management and on it goes.

Our season is now virtually over. We sit in 12th place in the league and he's had the best squad that any manager has had in over 2 decades at Goodison.

He's under achieved plain and simple. He's left us defensively absolutely woeful, from front to back. "I'm not interested in clean sheets" on the eve of the biggest game we've had for a few years and when all we needed was a clean sheet, says it all

Enough is enough for me. He'd started to win me back a few months ago, but we've slid back into the same old same old under the bloke.

I'm not having him, he's had his chance and fallen short. Adios amigo.

I think he has done well to get 20% here, no doubt it will get closer too. Fair play we have some incredibly loyal fans, Shame it's loyalty to a manager and not Everton winning. Which as proven don't go hand-in-hand.

I don't think that's the case to be honest. I've been loyal to Martinez because it has felt like we were on the cusp of something exciting. This is a big blow, to be sure, but the season isn't over and there's still time to see something materialise.

That being said, tonight will be a crushing blow to our lads' already fragile confidence, and even I can admit it will be very difficult to claw back any sort of success before the end of the season.

Said it in the match thread but I hope he resigns, not because I think he's crap/out of depth/clueless, not because of results which admittedly haven't been the best but because he's had zero respect from the majority since the day he walked into the club nearly 3 years ago.

I feel sorry for the man, you can see it in his eyes how much its hurting inside seeing his ideals not come to fruition but stubbornness is a trait that is hard to shake off and will ultimately be the end of him.

We all want success for our club, I personally wanted him to be the man to bring it but the way the majority have acted it would only be right to give them a manager they deserve, one who shuts up defensively but nulifies attack and instead of vibrant attacking young players we have a team fully of journeymen and plodders

What an absolute load of bollocks. The feller had a gigantic portrait of himself put on the side of Goodison Park FFS. People were creaming themselves over his crazy football and gobshite commentary. There have been at least three terrace anthems created and sung in his name. People were stating that they were worried that Barcelona would come in for him. The idea that he was never given a chance is pure BS mate.

Was saying an average league season with a cup would buy him more time with me, but I can't see it happening so out. As people have said, he's brought in good signings but his tactics are worse than Mike Walker's. Things haven't changed for 20 months now, so I'm not sure how they ever will. Get shut now while we have the rest of the season to bed in a new manager.

Football is like a curse. We can't switch our allegiances, we have to remain involved with the club we have all supported since we were ankle biters. No matter what happens, Everton are weaved in to our lives. It means years and years and years and years of disappointment and disillusion, but for extremely rare moments where you feel like you've reached paradise.

How can someone be a manager if they have no understanding of the defensive side of the game, We use to have a high press and tempo from the front similar to Spurs have now, we no longer even have that.

What an absolute load of bollocks. The feller had a gigantic portrait of himself put on the side of Goodison Park FFS. People were creaming themselves over his crazy football and gobshite commentary. There have been at least three terrace anthems created and sung in his name. People were stating that they were worried that Barcelona would come in for him. The idea that he was never given a chance is pure BS mate.

He was idolised in that first season, and he was given the benefit of the doubt for a year by many (including myself).

Enough is enough though, I think the majority of the fan base are fed up now.

Why?

Is it cuz he might shag his brothers wife or he might actually scare the players in to playing?

Please tell me as I can't work it out.

Not having any noticeable effect as a coach, no managerial experience whatsoever and massively, massively over-hyped with overuse of the throwaway title of 'legend'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back