Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
not much of an accomplishment tbh, the competitors are players like phill jones, gary cahill and kieren gibbs, spain won't be quaking in their boots just yet.
Daft comeback mate.

There's nothing wrong with the personnel barring Howard, but they're a disjointed mess under this clown.

By the way, because you don't know of a manager that could do better than Martinez is not a defence for Martinez staying m.

4 years ago when Southampton, out of nowhere, binned off Atkins and appointed Potchetinno, most had no idea of his capabilities, including me, now look at him.

not much of an accomplishment tbh, the competitors are players like phill jones, gary cahill and kieren gibbs, spain won't be quaking in their boots just yet.

Spain probably won't but it doesn't hide the fact the defence is a total shambles considering how easy it would be for even the most average of managers to address the situation.

By the way, because you don't know of a manager that could do better than Martinez is not a defence for Martinez staying m.

4 years ago when Southampton, out of nowhere, binned off Atkins and appointed Potchetinno, most had no idea of his capabilities, including me, now look at him.

I said it earlier in the thread but even someone like Mark Hughes would have us doing so much better. We're not replacing a quality manager here, it's Roberto Martinez of relegation fame. This will be as good as it gets for him, doubtlessly.

It's atrocious mate, swallow your pride, you're far to sensible to be taken in by his style over substance mentality. Like is said earlier, as tonight was a domestic cup night, tonight was his 70th domestic game since the 2-a-piece draw away at the KP stadium on the opening day of last season, in 90 minutes he has won 21. Even if you include all victories no matter what, you can only add a AET victory over League one Barnley and a Draw AET V Norwich reserves. So that takes his grand total up to 22 in 70. Why would you want to defend that at the expense of Everton?

He simply isn't good enough, their is no mystery behind this issue, it's a blatant fact, the stats are indisputable.

Can you, hand on heart, name another manager in this league, with this squad, who you would place your mortgage on getting less wins in the past 19 months? If so who and show your workings.

We are a great football club with a really good squad, probably the best of our PL era, we are about to come into more money than ever before, anyone with any ambition would bite the hands off our board to take charge.

Martinez is over 50% through his 7th season as a Premier League manager and only once has he bettered or at least met expectation placed up on him.

He is completely useless. If you're gonna be a super fan be a super fan of Everton's not Martinez.

Why does it have to be one or the other though? You can like the guy, criticise his faults and still get behind the club.

No chance they will sack him and he won't resign not enough pressure from supporters things would have to turn nasty for that to happen. Who would we get? De Boer looking for a new challenge would jump at the chance to bring him in.

Problem is, if we did sack Roberto, we all know we would just get Moyes back in. Kenwright wouldn't be able to help himself.

It's literally like these two are the only options.

Rock and a hard place.

Pro's: attracted some top players, developed young players - to a point, is likeable sometimes

Cons: talks some utter nonsense, stood by Howard, unable to achieve even mediocre results with this excellent team for over 18 months

Got to go now unfortunately

Why does it have to be one or the other though? You can like the guy, criticise his faults and still get behind the club.
Who said it had to be one or the other? I'm behind the club, I have also said I like him as a person.

Doesn't mean I want him to continue managing us this way.

Problem is, if we did sack Roberto, we all know we would just get Moyes back in. Kenwright wouldn't be able to help himself.

Rock and a hard place.

Even if we did, (and I really hope we don't due to the split it'd cause in the fan base) at least we'd see the team winning games again.

Rock and a hard place.

That is so bloody true mate, guaranteed that Moyes would be back in a flash. In fact he's probably camping outside the box office as we speak waiting for Bill to turn up for work tomorrow lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back