Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im actually pretty surprised its even ~25% at this point. I may be relatively simple but I don't really understand the rationale of sticking with a manager who refuses to learn or to change his tactics whilst lowering a club's expectations and placing in the league.

Not to mention his refusal to move from Howard, he has regressed with his substitutions/change of form/tactics in game and massive amounts of flaws in the team's game(closing down/pressing, any semblance of defensive shape, etc.)

Martinez is safe as houses.The boards only ambition is just to stay in the top flight and we have an element of our support who are happy enough with mid table mediocrity.So long as he is being propped by these two key parties then he'll be fine.From 5th place in his first season to mid table and yet people say we are developing under this manager.

He is worse then Smith? Much worse, for Walter it was real hard times at Goodison, no money, no squad, when a player got an England call up we worried he would get sold, Walters realistic drill was 17th or higher but we did have some good moments under him, still the last Everton manager to win at Anfield, that back to back wins against Arsenal and Chelsea was a great 7 days as the gulf in class between us was massive.
Yeah it was proper grim but this is a joke now under Martinez.

The only thing grim is your self entitlement and the opinion that 17th is better than 12th, let alone the 5th place we achieved under Martinez. Strewth.

You may say 8 points off 5th too. When the team is knocked out then the Martinez lovers will say given him another season to build.

If he doesn't get us 7th (Europa place) at the end of season he has to go. 18 wins out of 61. No sign of improvement.

It's still ifs and maybes isn't it. And I'm an Everton lover, not a Martinez lover. Stop with the emotional claptrap and black and white attitude, it's beyond boring.

He has to go unforunately. I wished it worked out but it didn't. He's not really suited to the premier league.

Pretty much every manager has worked Martinez out and all he has done is stuck to his 'philosophy'. I don't have a problem with him staying if he can show he can turn results around, but with every interview he's become more defiant and leads me to believe he can't adapt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back