Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Want him to stay or not that was bad business extending his contract based on a year of success. Surely business heads would have the foresight to think maybe this is a mix of a Moyes solidness with a Martinez attacking flare but they just blindly throne unnecessary security and money at this man.

The only thing grim is your self entitlement and the opinion that 17th is better than 12th, let alone the 5th place we achieved under Martinez. Strewth.

So it's self entitlement to expect and demand a manager to get the best out of his playing resources?Especially when you have the most talented Everton squad since the 1980's at your disposal.That 5th place was too years ago.We finished 11th last season on 47 points and we are in the middle of another mediocre mid table season.Is it really self entitlement to demand more than 3 home league wins and mid table mediocrity?That's a good debating tactic alright question how much of an Evertonian a person is when a valid point is raised about the gross mismanagement and underachievement of this squad under the current regime.

Last edited:
So it's self entitlement to expect and demand a manager to get the best out of his playing resources?Especially when you have the most talented Everton squad since the 1980's at your disposal.That 5th place was too years ago.We finished 11th last season on 47 points and we are in the middle of another mediocre mid table season.Is it really self entitlement to demand more than 3 home league wins and mid table mediocrity?That's a good debating tactic alright question how much of an Evertonian a person is when a valid point is raised about the gross mismanagement and underachievement of this squad under the current regime.

No, again, someone else who hasn't read the original argument between me and another poster, get down from that high horse buddy.

No, again, someone else who hasn't read the original argument between me and another poster, get down from that high horse buddy.

From my end it seemed that the poster you were responding too was talking about how Martinez is underachieving with his resources compared to other managers when the target was to just keep our heads above water.Our target with the squad assembled now is the top 4 and trophies and while we all have differing opinions on the management situation i think we can all agree that we should be doing a lot better.

From my end it seemed that the poster you were responding too was talking about how Martinez is underachieving with his resources compared to other managers when the target was to just keep our heads above water.Our target with the squad assembled now is the top 4 and trophies and while we all have differing opinions on the management situation i think we can all agree that we should be doing a lot better.
Explain to me please how a squad with regular starters like Howard, Barry, Kone...and I can keep going if you want me to be brutally honest about our overrated squad...had a top 4 target?

I voted to keep RM. I have concerns about the defensive side of the teams he puts out, but I do think there is a lot right with what he is doing.

We were playing a team tonight that cost hundreds of millions, De Bruyne alone was nearly 60m, one of the most expensive teams in the world and we were undone by an illegal goal.

But, everybody is entitled to their opinon .

However, I don't think that RM leaving Everton is even remotely on the agenda.

Results might say it will be on the agenda. I have doubts over kenwright and his current ability to sack managers he seems to fall in love with. However fans are unhappy. The atmosphere at goodison is terrible. There is a reason for that. We are leaking goals from the same mistakes over and over again . Bad defensive tactics. Stupid individual encouragement to play the ball out if extremely dangerous decisions. Crazy decisions to play players totally out of form for months. Poor subs decisions. Playing a goalkeeper who is the worst in the premiership.
The power of the goodison crowd is gone in terms of helping the team at home. It will not be gone in relation to its influence on Roberto position if results continue and for example we lose at home to Newcastle. Hopefully he can sort out the defense.
A poor season finish and the sale of key players would mean his position would be in the spotlight straight away in september from all angles including the media who can add greatly to his problems.

Explain to me please how a squad with regular starters like Howard, Barry, Kone...and I can keep going if you want me to be brutally honest about our overrated squad...had a top 4 target?

That's the problem isn't it Howard Barry and Kone are three of the managers pets when better alternatives are ignored and in the case of Stephen Naismith sold.

That's the problem isn't it Howard Barry and Kone are three of the managers pets when better alternatives are ignored and in the case of Stephen Naismith sold.
I could have included Naismith and a few more on that list. Players in a mid table at best team. I can be brutally honest about a few more overrated by many as well. We are nowhere near a top 4 team.

I could have included Naismith and a few more on that list. Players in a mid table at best team. I can be brutally honest about a few more overrated by many as well. We are nowhere near a top 4 team.
Leicester West Ham and Stoke are all like that as well. A few quality players that prop up an average squad. The difference is those clubs are set up in a sensible way to achieve results and not keep possession or entertain or whatever it is Martinez tries to do

We are not a 12th place team either.The truth is somewhere in between these two extremes.

He said Martinez is the worst manager we've had in 23 years.

Martinez sorting the defence out will never happen. Its not on his agenda and never has been. His philosophy is to score more than we concede. He'll never change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back