Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I be Alex Nyarko please?

Yes, that's absolutely fine. Godspeed.

That Martinez though lads. Just makes the debate so easy, week after week.

About to become the Everton manager with the worst ever home record in a league season. A stellar away record that has... Five wins. One against a totally out of form Southampton, an absolute mince WBA, Villa ( lol ) Newcastle ( lol ) and Stoke. Wow.

Four home wins - Newcastle ( lol ) Sunderland ( lol ) Villa ( lol ) and a Chelsea side in full mutiny.

Is there really actually a line for debate anymore? Just sack him, bring someone senior in to see us through to the end of the season and conduct a thorough review of the squad for the new owner and go on from there.

I'm just not sure why people thought adding Martinez, McCarthy, Robles, Alcaraz and Kone ( then later McGeady and Cleverley) to the 2012 / 2013 Everton side was going to be a long term boost in quality. Nice first season - only two of the aforementioned bringing any tangible value along the way ( Martinez and McCarthy, and let's face it, both have long since reverted to mediocrity ). But the pattern has now been set.

Agree with @The Esk - Moshiri's blank expression and Bladdered Billy's incoherent bumbling said it all. He's gone - next week, next month, an FA Cup or not - he's gone in the summer. Cannot wait.

the-booby-hunter_o_2413609.jpg

One against a totally out of form Southampton, an absolute mince WBA, Villa ( lol ) Newcastle ( lol ) and Stoke. Wow.

Four home wins - Newcastle ( lol ) Sunderland ( lol ) Villa ( lol ) and a Chelsea side in full mutiny
You seem really happy about that Orly.

Just took this from my sheet:

Code:
                   W    D    L    GF    GA    GD
13-14    Home      9    6    4    33    17    16
         Away      8    6    5    42    35    7
         Total    17    12   9    75    52    23
         Win %    44.74%                   

14-15    Home      7    7    5    27    21    6
         Away      6    4    9    21    29    -8
         Total    13    11   14   48    50    -2
         Win %    34.21%                   

15-16    Home      4    4    8    29    28    1
         Away      5    7    1    22    13    9
         Total     9   11    9    51    41    10
         Win %    31.03%

Pretty clear we're on a downward trajectory.

There's an anecdote during the last days of Walter Smith that finally prompted Kenwright to sack him. It could be true who knows, but apparently a fellow director whispered into his ear, after the abuse targeted at the manager and said "you'll be next". Walter Smith was sacked within a week. It's almost Romanesque in it's intrigue, probably not true of course. but there's a lesson in it. Ultimately the supporters do have power and to disregard it would be foolhardy. Across the Everton forums, irrespective of the Chelsea result there is a seismic shift, between those who are willing to see if this is the next Howard Kendall etc...and those who just see another Gordon Lee. It's not knee-jerk or reactionary, some people have just seen it all before. It really comes down to your expectations and where you think we should be. Personally I'm old guard. I grew up with the motto, which to some is out of date and unrealistic. Still means something to me though. Maybe that makes me both a fantasist and a cynic. Everton will do that to you. Still I wouldn't rule out fellow Evertonians view and their capacity to affect change, I've seen great players hounded out this club and a few managers who never should have been here in the first place. All done by the will of the supporters.

Just took this from my sheet:

Code:
13-14    Home      9    6    4    33    17    16
         Away      8    6    5    42    35    7
         Total    17    12   9    75    52    23
         Win %    44.74%                  

14-15    Home      7    7    5    27    21    6
         Away      6    4    9    21    29    -8
         Total    13    11   14   48    50    -2
         Win %    34.21%                  

15-16    Home      4    4    8    29    28    1
         Away      5    7    1    22    13    9
         Total     9   11    9    51    41    10
         Win %    31.03%

Pretty clear we're on a downward trajectory.

When you think how utter toilet we were last year, to have lost as many games already after 29 matches is really scary stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back