Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember when Martinez last won 3 games in a row mate? Same goes for all the talent in this team then when compared to our league position. If he wasn't such a likeable guy I really don't think people including yourself would still defend this clueless idiot.

Think it was this year mate, a league game, Carlisle and Man City in the league cup

Here's hoping he is gone at the end of the season. Worth a punt but it hasn't worked out. Amazed he still has the support of 33% on here.

I can't remember when Martinez last won 3 games in a row mate? Same goes for all the talent in this team then when compared to our league position. If he wasn't such a likeable guy I really don't think people including yourself would still defend this clueless idiot.

Now I didn't say Martinez was doing a good job, far from it. Let's not move the goalposts.

I never got to go on a negging spree when drunk. Ffs mods

The minus 100+ I got to do was my last major spree and caused @Woolly Blue to take it away for good.

I'm reduced to snidely reporting posts and hoping for the best, it's a sorry state of affairs.

I promise if I get to neg again Martinez will improve as a manager.

Otherwise I'll get the Negatron to Derulo dance all over his mural dropping -10ers everywhere

His inability to get the team performing at home is a major concern. 4 wins in 16 games is shockingly bad. No matter what people say about bad luck here and there etc, those stats don't lie. 8 defeats, they can't all have been unlucky. We can't even pick up a battling draw here and there these days.

We did pretty well to get to the semi and push City all the way despite awful officiating and the worst possible draw. Our home performances in cup and league have mostly been like watching 2 different teams. We have been doing much better in the cups this season undoutbedly so we have reason to think we could still get ourselves a trophy, which would also mean European football.

That's what I meant. It probably shouldn't have been that hard to work out really.
It wasn't at all hard to work out. Don't confuse not agreeing with not understanding.

We did not get anything for reaching the semi of the League Cup. We are out of the League Cup. That's over, simple as. We might still get something from the FA Cup but reaching the semi and "doing well" doth butter no parsnips. If getting knocked out at the semi final stage is "doing well" in a cup, then I would prefer to go out earlier and concentrate on getting a better league placing - more prize money at stake. The Cups are great if you win, but nothing otherwise.

Honestly mate I think this is a brilliant post.

I think the very early 30s and under crowd have turned against Martinez and want him out.

Then looking at some of our wiser, more experienced Evertonians like @BlockHead , @Khalekan , @The Esk and so forth and what they have posted today which would suggest seasoned Evertonians also think change is required.

Sadly there is a sort of 15 year bracket of mid-30s to 50 group of Evertonians so terrified of their further homogenisation with Kopites / Geordies (bizarrely and without a hint of irony an accusation they lob at the other aforementioned age groups, not realising they hold a mirror up to reality) that cling to the fence or worse, defend the indefensible Martinez (defending and Martinez in the same sentence, oh cruel irony that too).

Did you know that purchases of games consoles in the 34-50 bracket has risen exponentially in recent years?

Make of that what you will.

This isn't an age thing at all. Any Blue who cares to open his or her eyes can see the true picture.

We've lost 4 of the last 5 home league games. That is a damning stat when seen in the context of the rest of the season and is not worthy of any Everton manager keeping his job, let alone one who last the most talented squad for many years at his disposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back