Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have our standards dropped so much that a win at Anfield is a major factor in keeping a terrible manager?

The FA Cup is a completely different entity to the league. Ironically, he himself proved that an FA Cup win certainly does not save a season.

Win the cup or not, the league is the barometer for the season, and for two seasons he has took us backwards.

Losing eight home games and conceding more home goals than anybody (with a chance to make that record even worse with four left to play) is completely unacceptable. Any other club would have seen him given the boot months ago, we will follow suit. This fraud of a manager's time is running out.
Fair points.

Not immediate but over time if we carry on this way without changing manager. Difference between Smith and Martinez is only one of them have experience getting relegated in this league.....

We won't get relegated. We've the resources to do enough.

That's the thing I don't get. We haven't spent a penny and yet we all have some hope that we are suddenly rich?if like to imagine the money will be used intelligently instead and it gets put into places that will generate money on its own rather than just on the pitch.

Also Leicester proves why changing manager is important when things aren't going right, over shooting sure but even st the very least they have got top 4 this year, west ham have a chance as well and both got rid of their managers rather than settling for what they had.

United, Chelsea, City, West Ham, RS, Spurs all changed their manager in no where near as bad a record as we have at the moment.

Leicester needed rid of their manager, who was a nutcase (and hasn't found a job since) and upgraded massively.

Finishing in the bottom half for consecutive seasons while having Romelu Lukaku in your team is unacceptable.

The only reason while i still tolerate Bobby is his ability to bring players like Rom in, but soon enough they all are going to want to leave and then there's not gonna be a reason for him to still be our manager.

I think i prefer not to wait until that happens, winning FA Cup might change my mind, but i just don't believe in him anymore. 3 seasons is enough.

Sometimes something happens to put things into perspective. My wife and I are babysitting my wife's first grandchild, Joseph. His mum - my stepdaughter - and I never really got on when she lived with us, but things have improved greatly since Joseph arrived and, over time, I have become his favourite 'grandad'. Both of Joseph's parents had been worried that he was still not walking (he was born on Boxing Day 2014 so he's coming up to 15 months old). Joseph and I were alone in the room when I stood him up at arm's length, let go of his hands. He stood, swayed a little and then took his first steps as he walked towards me. I called everyone into the room and told them what happened, then tried it again. Again he walked towards me and there were gasps, smiles, tears and, at last, total acceptance that I'm not so bad after all.

I'm not ashamed to say that I shed a few tears too.
He was probably fed up watching the Everton match on telly and was just trying to get to the TV remote to turn it off mate....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back