Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The standard is so low there. Little plucky Everton. Seriously a cup final can make up 2 seasons of crap? 31% winning rate and 4 home wins with 3 games to go? I think most fans won't accept this. 11th and on course of a 12th place trophy. I don't want further regression. Enough is enough unless he wins the cup. And he still has not fixed the league form and no sign of getting it fixed.
I agree, people keep comparing this to Kendall but this time into his reign you could see we were progressing, the form in the league was on the up and up. We'd more than held are own against the reigning champions Liverpool in the league and in the league cup final. Everyone could see we were on the verge of something. There is no comparison with what is going on in the league with Martinez. Even if he wins the cup he should go.

On track for the lowest number of points from home games in our entire history, lowest number of home wins in our premier league history, potentially the worst home defensive record in top flight European football this season. #recordbreaker #entertainers #footballtouchedbythegods
He's got to go. It's really ever so poor.

Moyes gave us 6th place trophy consistently and they were saying it's not right but now 12th is ok because we are in the semis...good grief.
Don't forget Moyes got us to a Final and an SF twice in his tenure without the resources and starting in a far worse position.

The standard is so low there. Little plucky Everton. Seriously a cup final can make up 2 seasons of crap? 31% winning rate and 4 home wins with 3 games to go? I think most fans won't accept this. 11th and on course of a 12th place trophy. I don't want further regression. Enough is enough unless he wins the cup. And he still has not fixed the league form and no sign of getting it fixed.

The majority of his time here has shown that if he wins the cup his name will go alongside McCleish, Laudrup, Redknapp and indeed his own at Wigan as managers who picked up a cup at the expense of devestating their league form. What happened to all those managers and clubs? Fired and relegated, yet apparently Martinez is safe as houses. Nil Satis no standards.

On track for the lowest number of points from home games in our entire history, lowest number of home wins in our premier league history, potentially the worst home defensive record in top flight European football this season. #recordbreaker #entertainers #footballtouchedbythegods
All with 'a golden generation of young footballers' Phenomenal.

....yeah, but finishing 15th is acceptable on the back of a couple of semi's, it's fine, isn't it?

And to further dampen things one of the most bang-average LFC sides I can remember edges further ahead of us...

But it's all good, it's developmental.

Pffff...

I assume David K has been banned from this thread? Haven't heard from him in a while
I don't think so. His posts were perfectly reasonable last night. It'd of been an absolute onslaught of he'd of started preaching. Can't see why he'd be arsed with that.

The fact that he has got us to two semi-finals is irrelevant. People pay their (season ticket) money for the league form. We lost at City as soon as they exerted any pressure on us, we capitulated just like many other occasions this season.

As for the FA cup run, we've beaten two pub teams, Bournemouth reserves and the Chelsea game could have gone either way but was won by Rom brilliance - not by some Martinez tactical genius.

The guy is a complete f4cking fraud and its so clear to see for me.

What do the pro-Martinez people think is going to change to make us top four contenders or even top 8 contenders? You're deluded, wake up and see that this clown is a charlatan and a loser.

First of all, don't avoid the swear filter.

Secondly, I'm not sure we buy a ST for the league form, though obviously it gets us into the league games. We pay our money for all sorts of reasons, but, lets be honest, we don't have much choice, it's just part of us, when we're boss, that makes it easier to justify the cost.

Reading bits about the 'progression' of the club under RM.

If you take LUKAKU out of that equation then...well....there is no progression argument at all because there's no/little progression.

ROM's essentially BOB's variation of BRENDAN's Luis.

And it'll probably end the same way as well.

So the effect of changing manager there is a 50:50 gamble.

Chelsea went from Champions to their worst league position for some time, Utd are at their lowest ebb for many a year and City have really gone off the boil since Pellegrini's departure was announced. The Shyte haven't set the world alite but they've dug out some great results whilst Leicester, West Ham and Spurs have all improved significantly.
In summary its a complete gamble either way.

Not really. Theyve all see it wasn't working and changed it.

No gamble there. It's not working with Martinez.

GOT nailed it. The RS are comfortably above us having got rid of Brenda. And make no mistakes, Klopp is a quality manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back