Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Read what I posted again.

I never said you was backing the board up. I said you're using them to back up your case for martinez - who has not progressed, but has instead regressed.

That is an accusation you level at the board at every opportunity (And rightly so)

The board receive your open criticism; martinez receives your full backing. No progress has been made by martinez OR the board.
I'm not pointing to their torpor as a plus point. I'm pointing to it to show that even if Martinez was doing the terrible job you believe him to be doing (which he's not), there's no impulse whatsoever from that direction to act. They are very conservative and will only act and change if the cash cow is threatened. It isn't. Therefore wishful thinkers can wish on.

That's why he put McCarthy and Kone on and it worked to some extent. For the first 10-15mins of the second half we were pushed back onto our own box with only the occasional counter. When those two came on it allowed us to get a bit of traction further up the pitch as the ball stuck to Kone more than a knackered Del (not that it helped in the log run as they then could counter attack quickly against a thinner spread body of players with hilarious refereeing consequences ).

It don't work at all. We lost our counter attacking threat when Kone came on and the pressure we were under increased

From what I gather Kenwright is ill and looking to relieve himself of the responsibility of running the club. Do you really think he has the energy at the moment to effect a managerial change?

For all his faults, it really breaks my heart that Kenwright will never see us win anything during his time a chairman. And that´s 17 years now.

Oh i see the bigger picture. He's got an eye for a player and I see where he's trying to go off the pitch in terms of setting up a culture within the club but on the pitch he is tactically inept and rigid.

I'm positive he's not the man for the job and the longer we give him the more damage he will do

Instead of your vague statements can you detail why after last season and this you feel he should stay
It's all social media echo chamber stuff mate. No one outside these forums sees any massive problem or departures...not at all.

They see a team full of talented players and that RM must add defensive solidity to them.

That is it. Nothing else. No dramas.

I'm not pointing to their torpor as a plus point. I'm pointing to it to show that even if Martinez was doing the terrible job you believe him to be doing (which he's not), there's no impulse whatsoever from that direction to act. They are very conservative and will only act and change if the cash cow is threatened. It isn't. Therefore wishful thinkers can wish on.

So are you agreeing that the reason are there for the board to sack him but they won't because they are too conservative?

Is this part of the almost unnoticable oil tanker speed U-turn you are trying to do in the hope no one remembers how much of a genius you hailed Bobby as?

You said we lost all the time. I demonstrated that wasn't the case...not remotely so. Is that parody in your world?

Tie yourself up in knots all you like mate, sometimes people back the wrong horse, sometimes things don't work out. No shame in admitting you were wrong and moving on.

The only stats that matter are the league placings and the trophies.

We're currently 12th in a season when sides like Leicester are challenging for the top 4. We've only beaten the 3 worst sides in the league all season. We've conceded an absurd amount of goals and yet the manager comes out and says he is not concerned as he just plays to win football matches, something which isn't happening very often. Maybe he should go down your route of championing the non losses.

It's all social media echo chamber stuff mate. No one outside these forums sees any massive problem or departures...not at all.

They see a team full of talented players and that RM must add defensive solidity to them.

How long does he get to do that then?

You can say No Dramas all you want as if you're very cool but really you're just plain wrong

You still defending bobby clown shoes.

Top 6 or 60 points minimum for me.
Don't think that's too much to ask with this squad.
That's my expectation for a good season. Plus a good cup run. We've had one. Hopefully we get the points total.

If not it will have stopped short of a good season.

Then we carry on next season and building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back