Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year I listened to you making these same points. 12 months on and it's gotten worse. You're depending on going on a run to get into the top half and will be satisfied with that. I honestly think you're a red taking the piss. They are the only ones I thought would be happy to see us doing so poorly.

If you don't notice that the the slow slide down the league standings is an issue because like a magpie you were distracted by the shiny league cup that's fine. Which thread are you banned from? I can't listen to your delusions any more

How can people happy with top half? Even much small time now than having the 6/7th place trophy as target.

Is that the same board you & I openly criticize for stymieing progress over the last 17 years, davek?

And now you use them to back up a manager who has regressed from a record PL points haul to mid-to-low table mediocrity?

Curiouser and curiouser...
I'm not backing them up whatsoever, I cant wait to see the back of them. I'm merely presenting you and others with the reality of the matter.

Dont waste your time perching yourself over your keyboard in the expectation there'll be managerial change...there wont be.

Last year I listened to you making these same points. 12 months on and it's gotten worse. You're depending on going on a run to get into the top half and will be satisfied with that. I honestly think you're a red taking the piss. They are the only ones I thought would be happy to see us doing so poorly.

If you don't notice that the the slow slide down the league standings is an issue because like a magpie you were distracted by the shiny league cup that's fine. Which thread are you banned from? I can't listen to your delusions any more
You're not seeing the bigger picture.

Not at all.

I'm not backing them up whatsoever, I cant wait to see the back of them. I'm merely presenting you and others with the reality of the matter.

Dont waste your time perching yourself over your keyboard in the expectation there'll be managerial change...there wont be.

Read what I posted again.

I never said you was backing the board up. I said you're using them to back up your case for martinez - who has not progressed, but has instead regressed.

That is an accusation you level at the board at every opportunity (And rightly so)

The board receive your open criticism; martinez receives your full backing. No progress has been made by martinez OR the board.

Ah that's ok then, doesn't matter where we finish then?

It's still an issue. It was about £1.25m per place last season, so from his first season to current that's just under £9m down.
It matters. It's just not an issue that get's an advantage anymore for a mid-ranked funded team, and therefore it's also a non-issue where managerial appointments are concerned.

There's no accounting for those things. However, invite pressure and they become a consequence.
That's why he put McCarthy and Kone on and it worked to some extent. For the first 10-15mins of the second half we were pushed back onto our own box with only the occasional counter. When those two came on it allowed us to get a bit of traction further up the pitch as the ball stuck to Kone more than a knackered Del (not that it helped in the log run as they then could counter attack quickly against a thinner spread body of players with hilarious refereeing consequences ).

You're not seeing the bigger picture.

Not at all.

Oh i see the bigger picture. He's got an eye for a player and I see where he's trying to go off the pitch in terms of setting up a culture within the club but on the pitch he is tactically inept and rigid.

I'm positive he's not the man for the job and the longer we give him the more damage he will do

Instead of your vague statements can you detail why after last season and this you feel he should stay

We've lost 6 PL games all season. Only six other teams have less losses.

davek we are 12th. It doesn't make much difference if you barely win a game nowadays. You can draw 38 games without losing a game but you have 38 points only.

I really want him to turn things around because I like a lot of what he is about.

However,I just don't believe any more that he is going to learn. The same problems every week.

The continuing to pick Howard, the use of kone wide, the rigid formation that never changes, the bizarre substitutions and team selections, the failure of the team to play a pressing defensive game, our lack of any ability to actually look like we could hold onto a lead, the lack of balance in the team, leaving out mirallas and lennon every week, I could go on...

Every week is the same formula and it's just not working. He said it's not about defending it's about winning.I have no problem with that save for the fact that we aren't winning and 6 wins in the league this year is a disgrace, especially when in numerous games we were winning and better game management would have us in a much healthier league position.

I am already dreading the Newcastle game, that could get very ugly indeed.

Not sure he was at fault yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back