Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
20 minutes from a cup final and the linesman is nearer the halfway than than the goal line and we go out because of it.

If that's your definition of being lucky I'd hate to see your run of bad luck.

And there was me, thinking the kopites were always the victims :dodgy: Woodwork hit twice, penalty decision that could easily gone against us but was ruled in our favour....Nah lad, we wuz robbed, and that's that.

Nothing to do with letting a 2.01 goal lead slip again...Robbed.

Nothing to do with allowing them to come at us time after bleedin' time...Robbed

We're in the FA Cup 5th round barring a complete disaster against Carlisle and points away from a decent top half finish.

Top half wouldn't be decent mate, whichever way you slice it. Look at the players we have.

It has been a rubbish season so far and unless we charge up the table and miraculously threaten the top 4 then we have underperformed.

And there was me, thinking the kopites were always the victims :dodgy: Woodwork hit twice, penalty decision that could easily gone against us but was ruled in our favour....Nah lad, we wuz robbed, and that's that.

Nothing to do with allowing them to come at us time after bleedin' time...Robbed

Exactly. Bitter blues? Us?

Even his press conferences are becoming repetitive, its always been a good laugh with the phenomenal shouts after every match but its just sad when hes using this line after any difficult defeat;

"but we need to use it as motivation to get even better"

We've been hearing this for the last 2 seasons and it aint getting better so i don't know who he is trying to kid, the media, the players, himself maybe, it definitely aint us.

Whether it happens of not is beyond our control, it's a decision that sits with the owners, and with the situation regarding that currently unclear, then it's not the time they'll want to make decisions about the managers future.

The discussion is fans commenting on whether they would WANT it to happen there's a distinct difference.

The overwhelming consensus as it stands is that they do, and before you come back with it's solely knee jerk post a SF defeat, the atmosphere on Sunday was one of total frustration at the failings of the current managers philosophy.

3 home wins all season Dave, 3!

You dont think attitudes to managers aren't more sharply felt after big defeats? Moyes was faced with calls to go on a weekly basis after every defeat in his final few seasons. That just goes with the territory.

Fans are fickle. The reality is that fumegeddon on footy forums and radio phone ins mean nothing. They come and they go. It happens at all clubs...clubs in far better positions than we find ourselves in right now. Our club's board aren't 'making decisions' because they're preoccupied, it just doesn't register with them. They've seen this scenario umpteen times both under Moyes and last season with Martinez, and they know it gets resolved...and that's even given the benefit of the doubt to them that they're even thinking about the issue. I doubt very much they are.

There's a massive disconnect between the views of people on social media and the reality of the day to day running of PL clubs. The former just create background noise that's overwhelmingly ignored or more likely just doesn't cut through. These forums are an echo chamber.

You dont think attitudes to managers aren't more sharply felt after big defeats? Moyes was faced with calls to go on a weekly basis after every defeat in his final few seasons. That just goes with the territory.

Fans are fickle. The reality is that fumegeddon on footy forums and radio phone ins mean nothing. They come and they go. It happens at all clubs...clubs in far better positions than we find ourselves in right now. Our club's board aren't 'making decisions' because they're preoccupied, it just doesn't register with them. They've seen this scenario umpteen times both under Moyes and last season with Martinez, and they know it gets resolved...and that's even given the benefit of the doubt to them that they're even thinking about the issue. I doubt very much they are.

There's a massive disconnect between the views of people on social media and the reality of PL clubs. The former just create background noise that's overwhelmingly ignored or more likely just doesn't cut through. These forums are an echo chamber.
genuine question here mate considering the side your opinion is on.

We have only beaten the bottom 3 since september this season, we are shipping goals now (5 times we have conceded 3 in the last 2 months), defensive issues keep coming back again and again, and there is no sign of any incomings to at least give the team a little bit of a spark.

Why is this? If martinez is still the right man for the job? And why has this not changed in 18 months?

Genuinely interested in hearing your opinion on this

Good God. You're giving the ref and his officials a free pass after that disgrace last night.

Your hatred for the manger's just about got the better of you. You're not the only one.

I've said out however...... until the end of the season if he can give Robles a run in the team and 'rest' Stones for a few games and show that he has the tactical nous to play two up top to change games (not a striker on left wing) then I think he could turn the results around and then maybe just maybe earn himself a reprieve.

I remember when you used to say, 'we're 3 points off 5th, in a semi final, and the fa cup'.

13 points off 5th by the time we dump out of the FA Cup. It's like Martinez who can always glorify the wording. When we get a crap final position by the end of season he may say we are on course for a wonderful new season blah blah blah...till the day a new manager takes over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back