Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A contract, of course, we bizarrely decided to renew just one year into his tenure.

Financial planning, the Everton way.

After that first season we were all soaring though, weren't we. Bizarre is what I would use to describe the black hole that has been our defensive set up in the two years since.

I cant see him making Everton successful. I think hes lost the fans and it doesn't look like he can inspire/rev up or cajole anything from his players. The club would be foolish to continue along a path that's not working but that's EFC all over. We need a ruthless chairman/board and we need them now.

After that first season we were all soaring though, weren't we. Bizarre is what I would use to describe the black hole that has been our defensive set up in the two years since.

Don't disagree at all that it was an excellent first season.

But he would already have been on a deal far, far better than his Wigan one - there was just no need to throw more money at him until he had proven he could do it consistently.

A strong start / first half of the next season then yes, can see the logic.

Howe is completely unproven at this level and doesn't have the best of reputations as a manager, a much less reliable option than Bobby was when he took over. To me the Watford manager might be a better bet (certainly less of a balloon than Howe) as he's had more experience in more places though he's got a chequered history of it not working out in a quite few places now.

We can't afford Pellegrini, and don't come all 'TV money' at me as with the extra money we probably could only just afford his wages as they are now, not when double/triple when everyone else gets the increase in money as well.

We're best off with Bobby, get a good solid defensive coach in and get it sorted.

You know he won't and this has been mentioned since last season. Not going to happen.

The stats make clear he had 1 freak season. Since then he has been appalling.

The board need to act quickly as I fear it will get worst before it gets better.

His comments yesterday about his philosophy should have the alarm bells ringing everywhere. Even those who backed him to the hilt on here must now realise he is starting to come across as a bit unstable.

We had the luck of 2 clear penalty decisions against City in the January games, so him moaning about how unfair life is to the press just further highlights how unstable he is.

You know he won't and this has been mentioned since last season. Not going to happen.
possibly, but I'm hoping for a 'not throwing the baby out with the bathwater' compromise to placate all sides. (what's Tony Adams doing these days? He failed in his management career but will have all the relevant coaching badges, personally think he'd be ideal drilling our defence)

whole club needs a clear out top to bottom. bomb putting under it. setting on fire.

otherwise it'll be the same story for another twenty years, cry arsing and hard luck stories.

Martinez can spot a player, can make players feel good about themselves - but can't organise a defence and appears unwilling to make the hard decisions with regards to selection (e.g. Howard, stones needs taking down a peg or two)

i'd advocate a director of football to identify and deal with recruitment of players, to free up time for Martinez to improve the coaching/tactical side, but can't see it making much difference.

Having said that until we get a board that invests real money, so maybe we too can have a 50 million quid player on the bench, not much will change.

i've got a right cob on.

Sack him now and give the job to big Dunc till the end of the season, if he fails, we will hire someone else in the summer, if he succeeds, a dream come true

Sack him now and give the job to big Dunc till the end of the season, if he fails, we will hire someone else in the summer, if he succeeds, a dream come true

What on Earth makes you think he will do a better job than Martinez?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back