Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Progress has been made with the squad - thats undeniable. its just a shame the management of the squad is leaving a lot to be desired.

Everyone sees the potential - but 11th last season and currently on course for similar position (based on current form - non of this going on runs or loads of defeats big IFS all around), there a problem here - and am not sure if you have been completely taken in by the smooth spanish talk or what, but if you can't see that then dunno what to say.
I try and step back and overview the situation.

From that angle we are clearly onto something. Does it need work? Of course. Lots of it.

Martinez will sort out his defence. It's been piss poor for 18months but he will sort it.

He hasn't sorted his defence in 9 years of being a manager, what makes you think he is going to start that now? Its been a comment about all of his clubs great attacking [Poor language removed] defending - don't understand where this "he will sort it" comes from - he never had he never will its not in his make up.

Hmmm, a young manager having a reasonably positive start before dropping off the pace for a couple of seasons whilst trying to overhaul his squad and fans calling for his head, where have I seen that before?

Not all managers who go into decline are Alex ferguson

If he's trying to overhaul the squad so much why doesn't he start with his goal keeper. Fair enough he doesn't like Joel. But there must be someone available who won't cost you the points he does. Then you can continue overhauling in peace.

Why doesn't it cross you people's mind that many Martinez is just [Poor language removed]?

We're in rebuilding mode. As long as we do well this season in the cups (which we are) the league placing can pretty much stay where it was last season - not that it will, it'll be top half, imo.

Pretty sure that's the way the board will see it too.

We're not in rebuilding mode FFS!

He's been here 2 and a half season, all our players bar Del, Galloway and Funes Mori have vast experience playing in the PL.

There's nothing to rebuild, he's built the squad, he layed out his playing style and philosphy what ever you want to call it and it really isn't working.

Thank the Lord that Dave is here to bring balance and tell the whole forum of imbeciles the hard truth..
Martinez will sort out his defence. It's been piss poor for 18months but he will sort it. Galloway would improve it (but he must be injured or something right? Cos Bobby ain't starting him)
Browning will help us because offensively he's a good as Hibbert hence will stay back.

The minor defensive blips are offset by our attack. One of the best attacks in the league. This offset being 3 home games won this year.

There was ZERO chance of a top 4 spot despite chelsea/man utd/liverpool all being horrific this year.
Leicester- an organised well drilled unit who luckily scored three past us and were lucky to beat city et al, have NO chance of a top 4 finish- oracle has spoken.

We're still in the FA cup (at least till we meet decent oppostion)

We were cheated out of extra time in the league Cup. City only mustered 19 shots on to our two and hit the woodwork twice. Atkinson got them out of jail- because we'd of deffo won that.

Finishing higher in the league means nothing as there's no trophy for it, money maybe, but no trophy.

The board won't sack Bob anyhow and you don't know how real football works, so step away from the keyboard you guys.
Good post mate.

Not all managers who go into decline are Alex ferguson

If he's trying to overhaul the squad so much why doesn't he start with his goal keeper. Fair enough he doesn't like Joel. But there must be someone available who won't cost you the points he does. Then you can continue overhauling in peace.

Why doesn't it cross you people's mind that many Martinez is just [Poor language removed]?

We aren't on different sides mate, we're both Everton fans. I'd appreciate you changing your tone. I'm allowed a different opinion without you talking to me like that.

No contradiction there at all. My view of a good season all the way through it has been extensive cup runs plus 60 point season. Let's see if we get the other half of that expectation.

The 60+ season is already gone. We'd need more than 2 points a game from here on in at this point. Simply isn't going to happen.

So it's two really poor seasons on the spin with the same problems and, more worryingly, problems that have existed throughout this particular managers entire career.

You spotted the chronic problems with Moyes; I'm confused as to why you're blind to them with Martinez. Sometimes you can support what a guy wants to do (and I am a fan of the philosophy Martinez has), but there has to come a point where you have to accept he's simply not capable of doing what he wants to do, as he simply isn't cut out for the job.

We're not in rebuilding mode FFS!

He's been here 2 and a half season, all our players bar Del, Galloway and Funes Mori have vast experience playing in the PL.

There's nothing to rebuild, he's built the squad, he layed out his playing style and philosphy what ever you want to call it and it really isn't working.

Two and a bit seasons. They gave Walter Smith 5, FFS. Do your really think they're pulling the plug on a feller who can create this type of attacking football?

Not a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back