Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Condescending mate.

I think you are reading tones that honestly aren't there.

I conveyed my lack of belief that all the people who are pro Martinez can't see my opinion.

Isn't that what we all do

If you have some sensitivity to the words "you people" I'm sorry. They don't have any special meaning. I don't understand why you are on the thread if you feel that sensitive

There's no wrong horse backed here. You and others are flailing about trying to deny any progress has been made and when you look at the squad the evidence is palpable. Everyone sees the potential here.

If you think the orchestrator of that progress is going anywhere then you are badly mistaken.

To be fair Dave, the only reason you could guarantee he's not going anywhere is because we can't afford to sack him

I think there is certainly potential there, but there's also a very realistic chance that some of our best players will want out this summer

At that point, do you give Martinez the money from those sales to re-build, or do you cut your losses and go with someone new?

That being said, if he drops Howard and buys well in summer, he could correct a lot of the existing issues in one fell swoop

It's all balanced very delicately at the moment

If that target of 60 points is missed it becomes not a good season. It becomes an average one.

No one gets sacked for an average season unless you're at one of the financial elite clubs.

Do I really have to point this out to grown men? Put your thinking caps on lads and then type.

Basically your whole argument has turned into, Martinez is producing average seasons, that's fine because he's not getting fired by a board with zero ambition. None of you can prove he won't turn it round at some indeterminable point in the future, therefore I'm right.

At least previously you actually clung to a firm belief he was capable of a good league position and winning trophies. Now you're just confident he won't get fired.

I did but i'd said before the game he needed to win a trophy to keep his job, this was the best chance as the FA Cup is a pipedream. He has messed up this season like he did last and we have a defence that looks clueless week in week out.

Still Davek will say that is progress so all is fine.

Don't really understand why you'd class the Carling cup as winnable yet the FA cup is a pipedream?

I think you are reading tones that honestly aren't there.

I conveyed my lack of belief that all the people who are pro Martinez can't see my opinion.

Isn't that what we all do

If you have some sensitivity to the words "you people" I'm sorry. They don't have any special meaning. I don't understand why you are on the thread if you feel that sensitive

Accusing a fellow blue of being a kopite though mate, not on really. Just because he is a staunch supporter of Martinez, all because of a difference of opinion, really?

To be fair Dave, the only reason you could guarantee he's not going anywhere is because we can't afford to sack him

I think there is certainly potential there, but there's also a very realistic chance that some of our best players will want out this summer

At that point, do you give Martinez the money from those sales to re-build, or do you cut your losses and go with someone new?

That being said, if he drops Howard and buys well in summer, he could correct a lot of the existing issues in one fell swoop

It's all balanced very delicately at the moment

Could have done this in any of the 5 transfer windows he's had. He hasn't, and doesn't look like doing so in this one either. Didn't a load of people guarantee he would fix the goalkeeper and creative mid problem in the summer (including Martinez himself?!). We had these discussions last January, are we now waiting until summer again? Only another season wasted then.

I can understand the frustration and disappointment with Martinez. I'm as frustrated as anyone on here, but what good would sacking Martinez now do us? We'd also be waving goodbye to a large number of the backroom staff as our new manager would bring his own men in. On that point, who is a realistic replacement right now? Big Dunc? David Unsworth? I can't think of any external appointments off the top of my head.

Got no problem with this. In fact I'd be happy for him to stay if he sorted this out. He has nobody in his backroom who came from a defensive background, he has surrounded himself with ex attacking players and it shows in our play.

Don't really understand why you'd class the Carling cup as winnable yet the FA cup is a pipedream?
Well we were in the semi final with a lead going into the 2nd leg. In the FA Cup there are more big sides left in and we are only in the 4th round. More games to win and seeing as we don't win games it is a pipedream.

At this point, the moment we draw a side not in the Premier League relegation zone, the stats suggest we're out.

The Capital One Cup had us facing lesser opposition right up until last night.

Why don't we see how we get on before giving up on it before we've even played our 4th round game

Got no problem with this. In fact I'd be happy for him to stay if he sorted this out. He has nobody in his backroom who came from a defensive background, he has surrounded himself with ex attacking players and it shows in our play.

My point being that it would be a lot of change as they'd all need replacing. Not good for continuity

Accusing a fellow blue of being a kopite though mate, not on really. Just because he is a staunch supporter of Martinez, all because of a difference of opinion, really?

That's not what you took offence with. Stop changing your problem because you saw the mod warning. You specifically highlighted "you people" as if I'd said something filthy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back