Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point, the moment we draw a side not in the Premier League relegation zone, the stats suggest we're out.

The Capital One Cup had us facing lesser opposition right up until last night.

Yep, why I never really had much hope for us. At the moment we're not good enough to win anything.

But if we find form, then that might change. You can only hope.

Honestly I think martinez should probably go in the summer but that means he has 3 months to prove he's worthy of the job. Winning the fa cup would be a good start.

Two and a bit seasons. They gave Walter Smith 5, FFS. Do your really think they're pulling the plug on a feller who can create this type of attacking football?

Not a chance.

His teams can't defend, that's been proven. You can't win cups, or qualify for european football by conceeding goals, especially the amount of goals we are.

And 'they' won't be here for much longer so you can't use that argument since you'll be dancing in the streets when they've gone.

To be fair Dave, the only reason you could guarantee he's not going anywhere is because we can't afford to sack him

I think there is certainly potential there, but there's also a very realistic chance that some of our best players will want out this summer

At that point, do you give Martinez the money from those sales to re-build, or do you cut your losses and go with someone new?

That being said, if he drops Howard and buys well in summer, he could correct a lot of the existing issues in one fell swoop

It's all balanced very delicately at the moment

I wouldn't be scared of giving martinez money, tbh. I like most of the players he's bought in.

This is all about opinions, theirs many people on here who claim to know better than the manager, not only Roberto but probably any previous of future manager we've had or will have, fact of matter is we aren't qualified managers or football coaches so what we say or think should happen won't n never will at Everton football club. Since he came in many fans have been against him, why...because they struggle to accept change. They don't like somebody new trying to change the way we play, don't like the board because they simply can't miraculously turn us into a club with a 60'000 state of the art stadium and international laden squad, but what we are doing is developing some of the neatest young players that England and other nations have, and until investment comes along we will struggle to add any proven quality players with huge transfer and salaries and ego's that tend to disrupt as seen with Eto. I think for the time being we ride out this storm, hopefully pick up some much needed points and form in the league and have a cup run in let's face it a more established and prestigious cup we would all prefer to win. So lets get behind the lads, cheer them for the nice passages of play they create and no boo them every time they fail to hit the dizzy heights we expect caz thats pure n simply KOPITE BEHAVIOUR.

We're in the FA Cup 5th round barring a complete disaster against Carlisle and points away from a decent top half finish.

A mere top half finish is never decent with this squad. I'd say 7th would still be underperforming, given the weakness of the league's traditional top teams. If Leicester can top the table then us not pushing for champions league is nothing but a pure failure and a write-off of a season.

And wow, we've won our first FA Cup game. I guess we're basically in the final....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back