Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't we see how we get on before giving up on it before we've even played our 4th round game

Of course - just stating why it would be a "pipe dream" rather than an expectation. The odds at this point simply suggest we have very little chance of doing anything in that cup once we play half-decent opposition.

That is a plus point.

Although it's how martinez goes about utilizing/ coaching/ allowing them the 'freedom of expression' (That - imo - has turned them into individuals rather than as a unit) that concerns me.

No I've said a few times that I've lost faith in the manager and expect that we'll have to change things.

But the fact that I like the players he buys means I'm not all that bothered about our next manager being stuck with a bad squad, which is a relief.

Could have done this in any of the 5 transfer windows he's had. He hasn't, and doesn't look like doing so in this one either. Didn't a load of people guarantee he would fix the goalkeeper and creative mid problem in the summer (including Martinez himself?!). We had these discussions last January, are we now waiting until summer again? Only another season wasted then.

His attitude to Howard is both puzzling and worrying

Tight defences win games, not open ones. Points win games, not plaudits.

110 goals conceded in 18 months and 3 home wins all season. What an ace building job he his doing, how proud it is to be an evertonian these days. But don't let facts ruin your argument, you carry on old chum :coffee:
18 moths.

Ha Ha Ha.

Can we have the full stats next time?

Thanks.

lollol "Basically in the 5th round" I would have thought as Evertonian's we would have realised not to take cup ties against lesser teams for granted.

Even more so in current form.

the board as @davek realistically supposes are not panicking about our situation, as long as relegation is not a severe threat (TV cash cow and what not) and how that relates to the job security of our manager.

BUT I'M PANICKING!

because, some of the best young talent we've had in twenty plus years, will walk out that door in the next few seasons, because the stupid, stubborn, idealistic clown in charge of them won't get some of them to buckle down, be more disciplined/pragmatic on the pitch, defend first, do Cruyff turns when you're 4-0 up. The sickener is they will go to the likes of City and Chelsea and this is exactly what they will learn and these teams will get all the benefit.

Also he wont bin off the arrogant, geriatric keeper they have no faith in.

Believe me, failing a successful take over and management change, this season will look like a bed of roses compared to those a few years down the line!!!!

Hes not gonna get sacked in the foreseeable, good thing as i could see them bringing moyes back because it'd be so convenient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back