Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
  1. no doubting some of the players he has attracted to the club like Rom, McCarthy, Barry and Geri have improved the quality of our team. He has also been instrumental in giving Barkley and Stones their chance to become first team players but for me that is what make's his performance as manager and his stats all the more worse. He has a team full of quality, players most of the biggest clubs in England/Europe would love - a team most other prem managers would have top 6 pushing for CL. Martinez has to go for me now.

Any news on other clubs' defensive records? Or our goal scoring records in that tome period?

*waits*

In his first season we had the 3rd best defence and the 6th best attack in terms of goals conceded and scored in the league.
His second we had the 10th best defence and the 9th best attack.
His third, so far we have the 15th best defence and the 4th best attack.

In his first seaosn we had the 3rd best defence and the 6th best attack in terms of goals conceded and scored in the league.
His second we had the 10th best defence and the 9th best attack.
His third, so far we have the 15th best defence and the 4th best attack.
Attack is getting stronger; defence is weaker.

Needs to be sorted.

On CL places: this season was way too soon to be seriously targeting that. People see Leicester in their current position and think that we have better individuals and should be there...well so should others but they aren't.

You realise that out of the 11 sides above us in the league, only the Arsenal manager has been in his current job longer than Martinez. Mark Hughes and Pellegrini have been in their jobs pretty much the same.

In fact such is the Premier League Martinez is possibly one of the longest serving managers. He had a better base than most to build from and hasn't been forced to sell any of his players either. There are no signs that he is taking us forward. This give a manager time thing and he'll come good is put about by managers because they don't want to get sacked. The reality is that it's talent and circumstance that make them come good.

agree this does get tedious, have an opinion on it by all means...but saying he 'must be sacked now' or 'surely the board will sack him' when that wont happen is a bit weird/pointless

i'd like us to sign messi,ronaldo and myself...but saying it every 5 minutes wont make it so
It's feet stamping stuff.

Cant be taken seriously. Childlike behaviour.

Bobby has actually said something in a presser that I agree with

"My question is do we need technology or should we expect the linesman and the referee to get these calls right? For me that action is so clear. I would expect international or Premier League linesmen to get that call right."

I think too much tech will take the controversy out of football and what will we fight about then

You realise that out of the 11 sides above us in the league, only the Arsenal manager has been in his current job longer than Martinez. Mark Hughes and Pellegrini have been in their jobs pretty much the same.

In fact such is the Premier League Martinez is possibly one of the longest serving managers. He had a better base than most to build from and hasn't been forced to sell any of his players either. There are no signs that he is taking us forward. This give a manager time thing and he'll come good is put about by managers because they don't want to get sacked. The reality is that it's talent and circumstance that make them come good.
Context. Everton are a club wehre longevity is encouraged. In that respect he's been here a short period of time.

Forget the yo yo clubs.

You think Martinez will be sacked?

Pffft!

If so, good luck with that. Why dont you go down to Ladbrokes and spend your cash and post your slip up here?

I doubt very much you could get a bet for beyond this season, never mind the rest of his contract ! Oh, and Paddy Power are the bookies of choice.

His contract runs through to 2019. You think he'll still be here till then or beyond, I disagree.

The reality is his job is safe to at least the end of this season, and probably most of next season too. But beyond that it's more likely than not that he won't make it through to June 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back