Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't want him from day one. In his first season the team still had moyes organization and steel and he added a bit of flare so I gave him the benefit of the doubt. But the alarm bells really started to ring when that lot across the park hammered us at their place 5_0 and it could have been 8 that night. He played stones at right back and we where a shambles. From then on its gone from bad to worse. Again last season I gave him the benefit of the doubt cause the players had all been to the world cup and we had the Europa league to deal with. This season he has no excuses, player for player one of the top teams in the league almost every one of them internationals one of the most prolific goal scorers in Europe and look where we are. I rest my case.OUT!

It was 4-0 not 5-0.

In which period of time just about anything - good or bad - can happen. The season in front of them is what nearly all managers in this league have as a certainty. Everton though dont go that route. It is a bit of an anomaly in that respect. If there's nothing going spectacularly wrong that threatens the club's status then it'll roll on regardless. A change of ownership notwithstanding, that has to make Martinez odds on to see his contract out.

So, you're qualifying your statement now with the "change of ownership" bit ? Keep on back pedalling mate.

Attack is getting stronger; defence is weaker.

Needs to be sorted.

LOL

But erm......he said....actually said "my philosophy is winning games, not keeping clean sheets."

He has no plan to sort that and appears disinterested in doing so.

You are defending the indefendable, and when you know this you revert to "he's not going to be sacked anyway so you are all wasting your time blah blah blah, keyboard warriors, childish behaviour, blah blah blah," as though you are some sort of guru on the subject, when actually you come across as anything but!.

Would he though?

New owners leveraging money on a club that needs to be in this division...the manager in charge has/will have a top five finish plus two in the midtable range.

If it were me I'd be thinking: 'he'll do for now'.

That's the way these people think. They wouldn't do anything ever that threatened their cash cow - the anchor for their project.

There is a lot of assumption in there. You also fail (albeit when he was at wigan) to mention he also has a relegation on his CV.

"their cash cow" is also budgeted on premier league place finishes - there is money prize differences between where we budget to be and mid to lower table positions.

Edit - just to clarify, he does have an FA cup win on his CV too. for a balanced view.

So, you're qualifying your statement now with the "change of ownership" bit ? Keep on back pedalling mate.
Well no one knows how any new ownership would act. I'm dealing in what we do know now.

Regardless, new owner/current owner: it doesn't change the situation for those who truly believe Martinez will be gone by 2019. If you feel that's going to happen you can bet on it now...if you were confident.

Well we have proven to him that we are clearly not progressing, that is an undeniable statement of fact, of which he had built a large part of his debate on.

The second part of his debate was based on this Carling cup glory, which also went particuarly wrong.

He has to have something to cling to, as each avenue closes to him he then reverts to insulting everybody, with his "childish behavior" labelling and "keyyboard warrior" labelling and "plotters" labelling, which to me seems like basic provocation of caring Evertonians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back