Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Twas ever thus.

The irrefutable bottom line here is that those who oppose the manager dont register. Not at all. This is what I've maintained for an hour or more on this thread, and it hasn't been seriously challenged...and neither can it be.

I do feel genuinely sorry for people who dont or wont grasp that.

We have a manager who needs to tighten up his defence. Correct. But we have a manager that will be given the time to do that and see his present contract out - at least.

I suggest that anyone who doesn't recognise that clear fact - or who cant handle it - find something else to campaign on.
Essentially the fans don't matter.

middle
ˈmɪd(ə)l/
adjective
  1. 1.
    at an equal distance from the extremities of something; central.

half
hɑːf/
noun
  1. 1.
    either of two equal or corresponding parts into which something is or can be divided.

By halving 20, you get 10, hence 10 is mid table

BOOYAKASHA!!!

Don't think anyone classes only 10th as mid table. by halving 20 yeah its mid table... in reality, its not.

You might swell say just top half and bottom half by that argument.

LOL

But erm......he said....actually said "my philosophy is winning games, not keeping clean sheets."

He has no plan to sort that and appears disinterested in doing so.

You are defending the indefendable, and when you know this you revert to "he's not going to be sacked anyway so you are all wasting your time blah blah blah, keyboard warriors, childish behaviour, blah blah blah," as though you are some sort of guru on the subject, when actually you come across as anything but!.
He emphasises attack rather than defence. To me that's to be applauded.

On the defensive side: if we had a solid GK the situation would be vastly improved. That's his weakness this season. It will be resolved next season. There's no question about that.

middle
ˈmɪd(ə)l/
adjective
  1. 1.

half
hɑːf/
noun
  1. 1.
    either of two equal or corresponding parts into which something is or can be divided.

BOOYAKASHA!!!

Not correct surely. 10th place is 9 places back to 1st but 10 places up to 20th. Mid table would be 10th-11th.

There is a lot of assumption in there. You also fail (albeit when he was at wigan) to mention he also has a relegation on his CV.

"their cash cow" is also budgeted on premier league place finishes - there is money prize differences between where we budget to be and mid to lower table positions.

Edit - just to clarify, he does have an FA cup win on his CV too. for a balanced view.
It's not the issue it once was. Not a game changer anymore, not with the cash bonanza coming in from tv revenue.

middle
ˈmɪd(ə)l/
adjective
  1. 1.

half
hɑːf/
noun
  1. 1.

BOOYAKASHA!!!

Incisive logical reasoning there. No denying it. The statement that 10 represents a halving of 20 and is in the middle is surely immune to logical fallacy of any kind and can be accepted ( provisionally at any rate ) as an approximation of an statement accepted as true by all parties.

Don't think anyone classes only 10th as mid table. by halving 20 yeah its mid table... in reality, its not.

You might swell say just top half and bottom half by that argument.

I was just pointing out that I was being pedantic, as Allezfan suggested my definition was incorrect, which it technically wasn't, hence the pedantry

I'll argue practically anything with that lad, just for ships and giggles

It's not the issue it once was. Not a game changer anymore, not with the cash bonanza coming in from tv revenue.

I appreciate your unwavering support - but ill have to disagree with you.

Id say it still is an issue - and will be for a while based on accounts figures - who knows where the additional TV money will end up or what additional loans will be taken on the back of it.

We'd finally win a Derby at least

Scott's Brown's eyes before an Old Firm game tell you all you need to know about how Lennon prepares his team mentally for a Derby

Am sure as a club we could find someone better equipped to get the squad ready and focused for a game like the Derby - and not be too nice which we currently are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back