Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More fool them, it's one of the best threads on the forum.

Dave's PM post in this thread is Wagner's Ring Cycle, genius
I was crying at it.

But it would be nice to see more people contributing to the thread rather than the same tired cycle. Which is why I need to step out of it for a bit too like.

@davek is fierce. There's been a concerted effort by scores of you trying to discredit him and take him down and he leaves you fuming.

You even know he's on the goad but there's nothing you can do it about it. He has you dressed up in doll's clothes acting out a game in his head just to pass the time.
I feel a bit sorry for him tbh and team Bobby. They've been completely out flanked, out though, and are currently holed up in the bunker deciding on pistol or cyanide.

For individuals of champs league top quality:

Mori 1-2 Seasons (needs to cut silly mistakes)
Stones 1-2 seasons (Improve defensively)
Galloway 3-4 seasons (total guess)
Besic 1 season (fitness issues)
Barkley 1 season (more consitency)
Deulofeu 2 seasons (improve defensively+fitness)
Lukaku Now

All based entirely on guesswork. None of them other than lukaku have consistency yet.

I really have no idea what people expect from this developing squad...

I think most are something like this:

only-child-problems-sharing-main.jpg

Being critical of the fans is certainly not blaming them

I know you've made this point a lot. You sincerely believe it's a factor, which is fair enough. Maybe you could start your own thread on it, if you genuinely believe it's harming player performance and is consequential. I'd just say though I remember Harper and Richardson getting dogs abuse and that was even in a championship winning side. Never seemed to hamper them. And there's been plenty of players before and after who have been whipping boys.

I came on after the Chelsea victory and had a great chat with chicoazul. It still didn't change my conviction even after the win, the league is the yardstick for a team with Everton's tradition. But I also agree that he deserves to the end of the season. And if he wins the cup another season. I also agree with the argument that it's unfair to not apply the generous patience allotted to Moyes and not give Martinez at least half that. That would be consistent. Consistent with how Kenwright has managed expectations during his tenure and lowered them, aided and abetted by Moyes. That's why I want him sidelined and neutered of any meaningful role at the club.

I feel a bit sorry for him tbh and team Bobby. They've been completely out flanked, out though, and are currently holed up in the bunker deciding on pistol or cyanide.
If you think that then you're the one in the bunker mate and @davek's eastern front got you surrounded.

It's not about pro or against Martinez, it's battle of hysteria and goading it to show it's absurdity at present.

For individuals of champs league top quality:

Mori 1-2 Seasons (needs to cut silly mistakes)
Stones 1-2 seasons (Improve defensively)
Galloway 3-4 seasons (total guess)
Besic 1 season (fitness issues)
Barkley 1 season (more consitency)
Deulofeu 2 seasons (improve defensively+fitness)
Lukaku Now

All based entirely on guesswork. None of them other than lukaku have consistency yet.

I really have no idea what people expect from this developing squad...

Stones dropped. Galloway hasn't played in months. Besic always out. Deulofeu dropped.

If you are going down Dave's fantasy of playing and bringing through young players this season so mid table is a win, then let's not kid ourselves.

I would be happy to take a 12th place finish playing the youngsters every week.
Roberto can't buy a win with the young, old or those at their prime this season.

I know you've made this point a lot. You sincerely believe it's a factor, which is fair enough. Maybe you could start your own thread on it, if you genuinely believe it's harming player performance and is consequential. I'd just say though I remember Harper and Richardson getting dogs abuse and that was even in a championship winning side. Never seemed to hamper them. And there's been plenty of players before and after who have been whipping boys.

I came on after the Chelsea victory and had a great chat with chicoazul. It still didn't change my conviction even after the win, the league is the yardstick for a team with Everton's tradition. But I also agree that he deserves to the end of the season. And if he wins the cup another season. I also agree with the argument that it's unfair to not apply the generous patience allotted to Moyes and not give Martinez at least half that. That would be consistent. Consistent with how Kenwright has managed expectations during his tenure and lowered them, aided and abetted by Moyes. That's why I want him sidelined and neutered of any meaningful role at the club.

There is a thread for it and I've said my piece in it.

I said it to someone earlier in here but for those who can't truly appreciate him, go and read the RS thread in World Football. He KNEW they would throw it away, and the Chelsea / Crystal Palace games were his reward.
David kept the faith then and he keeps the faith now. Hope he's right both times...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back