Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you've made this point a lot. You sincerely believe it's a factor, which is fair enough. Maybe you could start your own thread on it, if you genuinely believe it's harming player performance and is consequential. I'd just say though I remember Harper and Richardson getting dogs abuse and that was even in a championship winning side. Never seemed to hamper them. And there's been plenty of players before and after who have been whipping boys.

I came on after the Chelsea victory and had a great chat with chicoazul. It still didn't change my conviction even after the win, the league is the yardstick for a team with Everton's tradition. But I also agree that he deserves to the end of the season. And if he wins the cup another season. I also agree with the argument that it's unfair to not apply the generous patience allotted to Moyes and not give Martinez at least half that. That would be consistent. Consistent with how Kenwright has managed expectations during his tenure and lowered them, aided and abetted by Moyes. That's why I want him sidelined and neutered of any meaningful role at the club.
And you rose above my cheap and uncalled for goading to make a good few points so spect to you man. It got me thinking. I'm as counter productive to this thread every inch as those I criticise.

What about like this?

article-2336251-1A2A3AE0000005DC-672_634x340.jpg

He's the shadow, he's in the middle of them, you just can't see him.

David kept the faith then and he keeps the faith now. Hope he's right both times...

I 100% agree with him that we will the FA Cup. I also think we will win at Anfield.

Sadly I think too much damage has been done. Martinez himself said less than 40 points going into the final third of the season is a relegation battle (again, disagree) but if that's the case, he's taken us there two seasons in a row and can't be excused.

I hope we win, part ways, he takes a decent one-year break and has a rethink about where he went wrong here and rebuilds for a successful career.

If you think that then you're the one in the bunker mate and @davek's eastern front got you surrounded.

It's not about pro or against Martinez, it's battle of hysteria and goading it to show it's absurdity at present.
Daves on a poor wind up and as fun as it's been, I can see others getting steamed. he's released some top bait.
Real world though- none of this means s*@t. Moshiri will bin him or back him. Just bring a bit of silverware home please Bob x

Daves on a poor wind up and as fun as it's been, I can see others getting steamed. he's released some top bait.
Real world though- none of this means s*@t. Moshiri will bin him or back him. Just bring a bit of silverware home please Bob x
Is right. And I don't care the name of who brings up that silverware (save for a certain few biffs) but I think it will be sooner rather than later with Moshiri pulling the strings.

Martinez said "any team that does not have forty points by the final third of the season is in a relegation fight". His own words, his own metric. I don't agree with him - but we are now into the final third of the season (by what, 2-3 games).

By Martinez's own standards he has overseen a descent into a relegation scrap two seasons in a row - with a 1 in 2 striker.

Make of that what you will.
We are better than him.
What he has turned us into is an embarrassment, whats more annoying, it is with quality players.

Any chance of one of the top Blues putting together some type of idiot's guide to being a fan, for those of us that are struggling?

It's quite simple mate...just support the players on the pitch. We can't have nice things because we apparently need to slate Barkley when he under/over hits a pass, or slate Lukaku because he wasn't able to hold the ball up...etc, etc, etc.

When things are going well, our fans are incredible.

*edit: they are especially great when the stage is big ie the Chelsea QF.

They've played some lovely stuff this season Dave.

It's fast, exciting and never a dull moment.

That's how football should be played.

When we've been at our best this season, we've played in a similar way
I'm with you on this, can't say I've ever been bored by Leicester this season but I certainly have with Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back