Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love you, Ian.....you are a brilliant poster lol

Your ability to work yourself into a rage over sommat as delightful as winning a trophy is truly remarkable :pint2:
Being 180 mins from a trophy in a 270 min tournament is only a 1/3 of the way there, and the key is not forget that because of the wretched league campaign everyone who still thinks Martinez is worth a jot doesn't just want him to win the cup they absolutely NEED him to win, because '72 points tho lad' ain't gonna work going into season 4.

Moyes was here 11 seasons and came up with that finger pointing nonentity at best. And Martinez inherited the church mouse Jagielka from him. If he has any nous he'll take the armband off that feller in the summer and hand it to whichever new CB comes through the door to replace Stones.

Martinez is perfectly happy with Jagielka as his captain mate, he is a perfect representation of the manager on the field in that regard.

Keep Martinez and sell Stones and Baines, pathethic thinking

Moyes was here 11 seasons and came up with that finger pointing nonentity at best. And Martinez inherited the church mouse Jagielka from him. If he has any nous he'll take the armband off that feller in the summer and hand it to whichever new CB comes through the door to replace Stones.

Martinez is perfectly happy with Jagielka as his captain mate, he is a perfect representation of the manager on the field in that regard.

So you believe Kenwright when he says...

'What a manager'

But you don't believe him when he says....

'Almost Roberto's first words to me were, I'll get you in the champions league'

There's a difference. It's not a matter of believing one and disbelieving the other: one is a confirmation of a manager's position; the other is a statement concerning an ambition.

What is there to misunderstand there?

You've

a) called Stones wrong (and I'm certainly not the only one who sees him further up the pitch and not at CB where he's full of costly errors)
b ) you're living in the past on Baines. Just what is it you;re defending here? How can you defend those performances this season? His saving grace in the past has been to come up with a great cross or set piece goal to offset his terrible defensive positioning; he hasn't even got that in his locker now.

....it's a results business, when we were winning games it was ok but now we aren't its not ok. We can analyse the reasons why but the team are not winning games and the buck stops with RM. No excuses, he needs to turn things around.

There's a difference. It's not a matter of believing one and disbelieving the other: one is a confirmation of a manager's position; the other is a statement concerning an ambition.

What is there to misunderstand there?
Apologies.

I thought you said that Martinez never said it. My mistake.

We cool mate?

You've

a) called Stones wrong (and I'm certainly not the only one who sees him further up the pitch and not at CB where he's full of costly errors)
b ) you're living in the past on Baines. Just what is it you;re defending here? How can you defend those performances this season? His saving grace in the past has been to come up with a great cross or set piece goal to offset his terrible defensive positioning; he hasn't even got that in his locker now.

So as Baines was always a terrible defender - what is the cause of this seasons defence being a shambles when he has played a lot less than in the defensivley sound 13/14 season Dave?

Can't be Baines fault as according to you he was always a terrible defender - so where lies the problem - what has possibly happened sicne 13/14 to cause the defence to crumble Dave - do tell?

OK mate i've called stones wrong - the same stones who during your 72 point season was at the heart of the defence during our best period of results, and yeah Dave actually not seen one serious person saying he should be playing long term further up the field - not even Martinez has been that deluded to say it has he?

You've

Ah now Dave you've made so many wrong predictions that if you told me the sun will rise tomorrow morning I'd be up the church looking for confession for the first time in 25 year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back