Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Biggest WUM of the year so far, well in Dave
Defence is the problem. Baines and Stones have been woeful. Why wouldn't you release them and get defenders in?

How is that a wind up? Do you actually think an ageing defender who cant defend is beyond criticism and moving on? I thought this was all about moving Everton forward?

I tell you something: if Everton do get a CL spot again it'll NEVER be with Baines in the team as a regular. He is completely shot and this season proves it beyond doubt.

Defence is the problem. Baines and Stones have been woeful. Why wouldn't you release them and get defenders in?

How is that a wind up? Do you actually think an ageing defender who cant defend is beyond criticism and moving on? I thought this was all about moving Everton on?

I tell you something: if Everton do get a CL spot again it'll NEVER be with Baines in the team as a regular. He is completely shot and this season proves it beyond doubt.

That is perhaps a bit much, but I would certainly like to see Galloway brought back in - his pace seems to have covered up a lot of problems down that side.

yeah he has only had 3 years to find a 'leader' on the pitch and bring him in hasn't he mate, or even work with the players we have to develop one of them into it...

He did sign his old captain at Wigan though - Alcaraz was his name - tremendous leader on the pitch, led the team by example to a couple of the most embarrasing losses ever in the derby and kiev games

IF Martinez stays in the job can't wait to see who this leader he will sign will be though
Moyes was here 11 seasons and came up with that finger pointing nonentity at best. And Martinez inherited the church mouse Jagielka from him. If he has any nous he'll take the armband off that feller in the summer and hand it to whichever new CB comes through the door to replace Stones.

No1 has defended @davek against accusations of bein a wind up merchant. I feel I would be being a coward if I didn't say this is wrong. Being called a wum when you're not one is not nice and you deserve credit for never truly losing your temper (unlike me).
I see it as evidence of a pathetic argument crumbling, tbh.

But yeah, it is a bit puzzling that if someone was being called 'kopite' their feet wouldn't touch, but you can get away with impugning someone as masquerading as something they're not by calling them a 'WUM'.

Maybe someone can explain this anomaly?

Yes, I do. What I dont appreciate is the belief that a season that has us at midtable and doing very nicely in both cup competitions is evidence that this manager has to go.

Now if that isn't entitlement, I dont know what is.

I repeat an obvious and inconvenient truth on this issue: Martinez is being asked on here to get over a massively higher bar than any other Everton manager that we we've had for decades in order to maintain his position.

It's not on and I doubt very much whether anyone in a decision making capacity at Goodison feels it is either. The twitters and bloggers (who went missing after the Chelsea game) and the numb nuts 'media experts' looking to make a few quid with a controversial statement on our manager (dossers that they are) are irrelevant.

...respectfully mate, he set that himself didn't he with the 'I'll get you champions league' jazz?

Moyes was here 11 seasons and came up with that finger pointing nonentity at best. And Martinez inherited the church mouse Jagielka from him. If he has any nous he'll take the armband off that feller in the summer and hand it to whichever new CB comes through the door to replace Stones.
Nev was a good captain, bad player, good captain though

Brilliant analysis there, except for one thing - something I'd have expected a tactical genius to remember, btw - in Martinez's first season here (you know, the one that you lament our regression from) we played with a conventional CB pairing and Barry slotting in between them and tasked with carrying out the ball for the bulk of the time.

We dont need a CB who isn't a CB. I told you from the season before last Stones wasn't a defender in a million years and he proved it in spades this season (although I dont remember you too often springing to his defence - funny that, maybe it slipped your mind).

"You said we need 4 CBs". Has it come to this that you have to invent a position for me to knock down? Laughable.

You do know a lot about eastern European players though. And I will continue to read your thoughts on them.

should offer Zenit whatever they ask for Witsel - brilliant player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back