Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, Dave is right on this occasion.

Who remembers where we finished in the league in 1966, 1984 or 1995?

None but the uber anoraks among us.

Indeed, who even cares?

Even less people, I'll be bound.

But what does every bugger in Evertonia remember about those three years?

Why, Eddie Kavanagh, Elton John and The Farm ;)

FTR.....we finished 12th, 7th and 15th respectively.

Better yet, the league form and final placings improved dramatically the season after the boost of winning the Cup.

Precedent suggests an F.A. Cup victory is a shot in the arm for EFC.

So I won't be fretting over our final league position this season if we wind up running round Wembley with the Cup ;)

Because I know few will remember it and even less will care.

COYB

:dance:

It's not about finishing 12th 1 year it's about the continued deterioration of league results

You will remember our league position when he gets us relegated

Unfortunately there are certain things you need to take into account when contriving connections to teams hundreds of miles away.

The natives have their own ways of doing things, and although the Woolification of the fan base is well and truly under way, I fear we're still at least a decade away from choreographed atmospheres.

Who is asking for that? I just want them to support the lads on the pitch. If you need to moan and boo there is one place for it. At full time.

No it won't.

Only by you it seems. :hayee: <------- that's you that is.
It will. You probably haven't seen us win a trophy. I can assure you it's the only thing in football worth achieving and you'll forget about not getting a pat on the head for getting 7th place in the sooper dooper Barclays Premier League.

Yes, I do. What I dont appreciate is the belief that a season that has us at midtable and doing very nicely in both cup competitions is evidence that this manager has to go.

Now if that isn't entitlement, I dont know what is.

I repeat an obvious and inconvenient truth on this issue: Martinez is being asked on here to get over a massively higher bar than any other Everton manager that we we've had for decades in order to maintain his position.

It's not on and I doubt very much whether anyone in a decision making capacity at Goodison feels it is either. The twitters and bloggers (who went missing after the Chelsea game) and the numb nuts 'media experts' looking to make a few quid with a controversial statement on our manager (dossers that they are) are irrelevant.

Our first cup run stopped at the first decent team we met
Our second cup run we have beaten 1 decent team
I suppose that could be called progress

Nah the over the top protestations from some on here would show a guilty conscience in my eyes. We all know the place is a morgue more often than not. Imagine moaning at boss young players like Rom, Ross, Stones, etc when they make a mistake. Have a word with yourself...those doing that are just crushing those player's confidence.
Most premier league grounds are much quieter post all seaters...I certainly dont agree with booing individuals at all - yes there is frustration but thats just normal for any football crowd -if you are watching us do you get annoyed or frustrated and how do you react? Especially when I have only seen EFC win FOUR league games at home - its very difficult to explain - i've been watching EFC since the 60s on a regular basis and the last 2 years have been just not enjoyable...My barbs are aimed at the manager not at the players.....give us some more wins and you will see the difference..please dont patronise me with "have a word with yourself" I don't need your misguided comments Thank you

No1 has defended @davek against accusations of bein a wind up merchant. I feel I would be being a coward if I didn't say this is wrong. Being called a wum when you're not one is not nice and you deserve credit for never truly losing your temper (unlike me).

Most premier league grounds are much quieter post all seaters...I certainly dont agree with booing individuals at all - yes there is frustration but thats just normal for any football crowd -if you are watching us do you get annoyed or frustrated and how do you react? Especially when I have only seen EFC win FOUR league games at home - its very difficult to explain - i've been watching EFC since the 60s on a regular basis and the last 2 years have been just not enjoyable...My barbs are aimed at the manager not at the players.....give us some more wins and you will see the difference..please dont patronise me with "have a word with yourself" I don't need your misguided comments Thank you

Well I certainly didn't mean you in particular, but it does happen.

It will. You probably haven't seen us win a trophy. I can assure you it's the only thing in football worth achieving and you'll forget about not getting a pat on the head for getting 7th place in the sooper dooper Barclays Premier League.

Why cant this team have both a cup run AND a great league position?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.