Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Throw a window open lads.

I did. The evidence is there. The performances have been poor.

His record, IN THE LEAGUE, pretty much mirrors that at Wigan, bar a place or 2. Other than season 1. Which, in hindsight, admittedly, has made me realise that in that season he mixed the best of a Moyes drilled team, with the best of a Martinez attacking team. Was ace.

Has shown fleeting glimpses of getting that back, but too many returns to type for me.

Would love to be proved wrong.

veruca.png

Nah we just don't want us to keep getting worse mate, is that an awful lot to ask?

I would perhaps agree with you there and I cannot understand myself why this is - from where I sit it (U Bullens) has been ok this season and I haven't heard many moans about him - anyone else in other areas of the ground noticed this as an issue ?
It's very noticeable in the Lower Gwladys. I'll be using this year's price reduction as an opportunity to escape the baboon enclosure.

Why do you support a Manager that lost at home to Swansea and West Brom mate?
o
I did not as far as I can recall stated that I supprt RM, my post was in recognition of Dave's unwavering support and I will give him credit for that. It does not mean RM has my backing.

Things I've learned in this thread:

Martinez has proven he cant hack it in the PL - looks at all time PL points record with Martinez's name next to it

Martinez has to go, he's killing us - looks at current FA Cup prospects and ending 21 years of not winning a sausage

Martinez will be sacked, because people on twitter and Paul Merson said he will be - looks at Chairman's recent praise

There's GOT fumeageddon - then there's reality.

Throw a window open lads. On the other side of it is the real world.

Lol.

There is also these to consider

First ever defeats to Swansea (two defeats)
2 wins against a top 10 team since April 2014
So far, fewest points gathered at home, less so than Mike Walker
Conceded more goals at home than bottom of the table villa
Home form is 2nd worst out of top 5 leagues across Europe

Whilst I love your positive outlook having only been on the forum for a day, he's not flawless. He had an amazing first season and after being against his original appointment I was starting to turn but cup runs this season apart we've not been brilliant since that season ended.

No1 has defended @davek against accusations of bein a wind up merchant. I feel I would be being a coward if I didn't say this is wrong. Being called a wum when you're not one is not nice and you deserve credit for never truly losing your temper (unlike me).

Being accused of being a WUM is actually a complement for davek. It implies he doesn't believe in what he is saying but is just doing it for kicks. I would have a certain amount of respect for him for doing this so skilfully while questioning his motives. If he actually believes the drivel he has been spouting then dear oh dear...

Nobody does mate. We all want the same thing. Some of us have a little more patience than others I guess.

But we dont all want the same thing, you wish to retain a failure, while most of us wish to recruit somebody with a clue.

Its this simple :

Wigans league finishes prior to El Failure taking over :

10th
17th
14th
11th

Wigans league finishes after El Tacticaless took over :

16th
16th
15th
18th GONE

Evertons league finishes prior to El Clueless taking over :

8th
7th
7th
6th

Everton league finishes after El Fraudo :

5th
11th
12th
Next Season 18th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back