Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This'll be Bobby at his end of season Performance review putting his customary positive spin on things.

images

I think the end of the season will look more like this

Lynch-mob.jpg

Martinez has proven he cant hack it in the PL - looks at all time PL points record with Martinez's name next to it

Martinez has to go, he's killing us - looks at current FA Cup prospects and ending 21 years of not winning a sausage

You can't just pick a small part of the overall data, as it backs up your own beliefs, and use that to justify them.

People are doing that on both sides of the arguments, cultists and plotters alike.

You get plotters just using home form, cultists using cup runs and points totals from two seasons ago.

Do people expect their views to be taken seriously when they only use data that suits their argument and ignore everything else, because 90% of the posts in here are just biased drivel, and that's on both sides. Davek being the worst offender. lol

...never been a solid defender. NEVER.

Tell me I'm wrong, and tell me why.

You're wrong. Again. Just because he was exceptional offensively doesn't mean he was never a solid defender as well; it was just that we used his offensive game a lot more than his defensive one.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor.../leighton-baines-special-report-stats-3332143

http://eplindex.com/24598/baines-continues-to-excel-stats-analysis.html

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...d-must-start-leighton-baines-over-ashley-cole

You're on a boss run of wrongness though. Impressive really.

You're wrong. Again. Just because he was exceptional offensively doesn't mean he was never a solid defender as well; it was just that we used his offensive game a lot more than his defensive one.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor.../leighton-baines-special-report-stats-3332143

http://eplindex.com/24598/baines-continues-to-excel-stats-analysis.html

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...d-must-start-leighton-baines-over-ashley-cole

You're on a boss run of wrongness though. Impressive really.
Ouch

I did. The evidence is there. The performances have been poor.

His record, IN THE LEAGUE, pretty much mirrors that at Wigan, bar a place or 2. Other than season 1. Which, in hindsight, admittedly, has made me realise that in that season he mixed the best of a Moyes drilled team, with the best of a Martinez attacking team. Was ace.

Has shown fleeting glimpses of getting that back, but too many returns to type for me.

Would love to be proved wrong.
It doesn't alter the facts mate:

That 72 points (no matter how much it's buried or 'explained' with recourse to Moyes' Magic Beans) is still our largest PL points total by some distance and proves that this manager is capable of much more in the PL than this

That we're at Wembley and TWO results away from ending a 21 year wait for a trophy

That the only indication we have from anyone in power (i.e. NOT some nobhead like Barton or Merson or "True Blue Gwladys Street Blogger" or whatever the friggin' hell the self important bells call themselves) is that he's a great manager

They are the incontrovertible facts and what we read on here is wishful thinking at best.

Do people expect their views to be taken seriously when they only use data that suits their argument and ignore everything else

And you can add to that, it's irrelevant to the man who is making the decisions anyway. Namely Bill Kenwright, do you think he is pouring over them in his office. Not at all, he's reclining back, smoking a cigar and thinking of his next vacation in the Bahamas, or should I buy another boat. As far as he is concerned, why would this year be any different from the terminal decline he has overseen previously. That irrefutably, under-performance has never led to a managerial dismissal that he hired, under his chairmanship.

Yes, I do. What I dont appreciate is the belief that a season that has us at midtable and doing very nicely in both cup competitions is evidence that this manager has to go.

Now if that isn't entitlement, I dont know what is.

I repeat an obvious and inconvenient truth on this issue: Martinez is being asked on here to get over a massively higher bar than any other Everton manager that we we've had for decades in order to maintain his position.

It's not on and I doubt very much whether anyone in a decision making capacity at Goodison feels it is either. The twitters and bloggers (who went missing after the Chelsea game) and the numb nuts 'media experts' looking to make a few quid with a controversial statement on our manager (dossers that they are) are irrelevant.

Circumstances have changed. Moyes ironically despite his rethoric raised expectations at Everton by being team that constantly finishes at the top half.

Couple that with our strike force costing over 40 million alone compared to what Moyes had to work with then it's a no brainer.

He is asked to get over a higher bar because the bar has been raised.

Moyes got jibbed a few months into Man United ms first season. If he had taking Man United over pre Ferguson he would be granted more patience. Alas the "entitled" fans in this modern decade had him the sack and now they want LVG out. Quite rightly.

There is also these to consider

First ever defeats to Swansea (two defeats)
2 wins against a top 10 team since April 2014
So far, fewest points gathered at home, less so than Mike Walker
Conceded more goals at home than bottom of the table villa
Home form is 2nd worst out of top 5 leagues across Europe

Whilst I love your positive outlook having only been on the forum for a day, he's not flawless. He had an amazing first season and after being against his original appointment I was starting to turn but cup runs this season apart we've not been brilliant since that season ended.
Welcome to the forum mate.

He;s been here three seasons: PL points total and now we're at Wembley and reaching out for our first trophy in 21 tears.

Not bad for that time period really is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back