Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you understand why Moyes left little ol' Everton mate?

Thought you'd want him back like.
Don't do this. I'm not quick witted enough to argue with you, nor do I have the vaulting skills. Can't you just settle in as my favourite poster and one who I consider it an honour to receive a like or mention off although I always fear the quote.

Don't do this. I'm not quick witted enough to argue with you, nor do I have the vaulting skills. Can't you just settle in as my favourite poster and one who I consider it an honour to receive a like or mention off although I always fear the quote.

LOL

Hes a washed up chump who writes previews, the only game he sees these days is when his mar goes out to work.

Ian....surely to goodness each and every one of us, whether we be plotter, cultist or merely a member of @chicoazul sensible party NEED EFC to win a trophy ASAP.....and this season we have a great opportunity to do just that ;)
No doubt. I have been clear on this. A quick search will show up my feelings on us winning a cup this season and how it would alter my opinion on Martinez (which is slight)

That's fair enough. And apologies if it seems that way, but at least I'm not the one hammering upto 38000 Evertonians, behind their back (with the exception of the ones who use this forum)

I'll leave it, but I'm not sure why it's accepted.
It's not 'accepted'. I think you'll find he was pulled up in the same post you were.

Remember, the ignore feature is useful for you guys sometimes.

The context is that his league positions with them, are eerily similar to the 2 of the 3 he has managed us to........

It's possible the only reason for our improved positions compared to when he was at Wigan is due to the extra resources and higher calibre of player he's had here, which is worrying.

I'm not making out he's good, I'm on the fence atm. I just don't like biased arguments being quoted as if they're stats or proof of anything. Us and Wigan weren't on the same footing financially, squad wise, budget wise or reputation wise when he was there. I don't think it's as simple as saying, he was rubbish at Wigan (fact) when it's like comparing a Ferarri to a Corsa.

I don't think he did that well at Wigan, all things being considered but he was crippled by loss of key players and not being given the funds to replace them adequately.

Moyes smashed the transfer record 4 times and he couldn't coach and play a decent attacker to save his life.

Let's not try and tell fairy stories about how Martinez has had it relatively better, given the huge amounts of cash ALL clubs now spend on fees.

Martinez is being judged with a criteria never deployed before: get CL footy or you're out....after three seasons...one of which had a final total that'd have got CL in most other seasons, btw.

Moyes attacking coaching can't be as bad as Martinez' defensive coaching but it was his Achilles heel baring Yakubu or Chill maybe. Unless you wanna discredit that which I'm sure you do then I can my say Lukaku was always going to be a 20 goal a season season striker anyway.

He smashed the record with money he created himself buying players for a few million sometimes thousands and turning them my into tens of millions Not to mention the hit he had to take on losing big players for it. Something Martinez has yet to suffer, And what are these records 8 million 12, and a shocking dizzy 15 million that time.

If Martinez was judged on the criteria of Champions league or out then we'd be calling for his head on mass after the first season. Definitely the second. So that's a lie.

No fairy tales, Martinez has had it much better than Moyes, in terms of squad inherited, league finishing pedigree, Money, wages afforded to players, just basic stability.

Remember, the ignore feature is useful for you guys sometimes.
He's been on ignore for months, hence you picking me up for agreeing with a fellow posters retort to him. If I wasn't, and bearing in mind some of the drunken states I get myself into, I'd be long gone.

He's been on ignore for months, hence you picking me up for agreeing with a fellow posters retort to him. If I wasn't, and bearing in mind some of the drunken states I get myself into, I'd be long gone.
I think you'll find he was pulled up in the same post as you then. Please leave it now, as you said you were going to a few posts ago.

Which is what I said. But no stats back up your assertion that he was ever a poor defender.

So again I tell you you're wrong. You have no stats to back up what you said. Indeed, as proven by the Martinez "debate", any stat that doesn't support your original pig-headed stance simply isn't important to you.
My stance is that he's never been a defender but more of an attacking full back; but he hasn't even got that now. Which is bang on the money.

None of that is controversial AT ALL.

By the way, seeing as we're in the Martinez thread, who was it you wanted for manager if not Martinez back then?

Ha Ha. Subdivide this season for me too then.

Incredible logic deployed here. It's like you dont even realise you're digging a huge hole for yourself.
No Dave, I am not.

I am 100% certain you were dropped on your head loads as a baby though, as you are unable to 1) read a full post, and 2) answer it without pointing out one line/sentence in a paragraph and nothing else, then saying "ha ha".

And stats (I've noticed you've been using 'stats' to back up your nonexisting illogical points a lot in the last few days) are gathered from a large pool of data - i.e. roughly 150 games. Not 38. Not 1 season. That's how you get the actual statistics of a whole tenure, and anything else would be deemed insufficient. Subdividing THIS season before it's finished just to look at the stats is pointless, all we can do is see the obvious downward spiral of form in everything except the FA cup. If I could be arsed I'd go on Excel and draw it out for you, but sadly, I'm not.

Tell me how great our home record is? Or how great our overall defensive record is? Or how we're the "entertainers"? At the same time - revel with our 160 or so (can't remember and cba looking up the exact number) scored goals, ignore our 130 (again, same, remember roughly how much there are) conceded.

Keep on insisting that the PROBABILITY of a cup win makes the manager great. Yeah, fantastic achievement, we've not had any silverware in 21 years, as you keep repeating every 2 minutes, but the reality of it is that is that - A PROBABILITY. What will happen if we lose the semi then, Dave? Or better - if we win it, we should give him next (half) season as well, but then we'd hear the excuses of the early starting season because of the EURO's, then it's "too many games cuz of Europa". Remember that Dave? "Too many games is why our form is suffering". Well, we don't have it now, look at how great we are in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back