Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How ???????????? Please explain
"I don't think anybody is downgrading the F.A. Cup. But it should not be used to gauge the managers performance as progression in the competition depends allot on who you draw"

Isn't that downgrading?

It's either worth winning or it isn't.

Do we say a team that won the EC in the 70s or 60s were lucky or unworthy of being seen as champions of Europe because they got one tough team in their draw? Or us in the ECWC facing Bayern and that was about it?

Just thinking about Bills words on Martinez of course he is looking to goto to down with the Martinez ship. Otherwise that unnecessary contract upgrade he gave Martinez at the end of the first season makes him look a prober mug. He is way too invested.

"I don't think anybody is downgrading the F.A. Cup. But it should not be used to gauge the managers performance as progression in the competition depends allot on who you draw"

Isn't that downgrading?

It's either worth winning or it isn't.

Do we say a team that won the EC in the 70s or 60s were lucky or unworthy of being seen as champions of Europe because they got one tough team in their draw? Or us in the ECWC facing Bayern and that was about it?
I did not use the word "LUCKY" once in my statement. My point is that you could win the Cup playing teams from the lower divisions, which on paper would make it far easier to achieve than playing all Prem. league sides. Did you not post a thread asking who we want in the cup. With out looking I would have thought the majority of posters would have selected the weakest team left in the competition and for good reason. So my point still stands, How can you use the Cup run to gauge the managers performance when we have only played one team of any note "Chelsea".

Just thinking about Bills words on Martinez of course he is looking to goto to down with the Martinez ship. Otherwise that unnecessary contract upgrade he gave Martinez at the end of the first season makes him look a prober mug. He is way too invested.
Thankfully, this gentleman says hello..

farhad-moshiri_416x416.jpg

It's great though.

I'm stating obvious and undeniable facts like our manager smashed our Pl points total and it's countered with a flurry of responses about it being a fluke or the result of Moyes' Magic Beans; I'm stating obvious and undeniable facts like our manager has us two victories away from casting off a 21 year wait for silverware and it's countered with a flurry of responses about it being only the cup and we only get out of bed to win the league these days; I'm stating obvious and undeniable facts like our manager has the support of the chairman of the club and it's countered with a flurry of responses about Kenwright not counting anymore.

But I'm the deluded one.

If there's any psychologists on here they might want to use this thread to launch their PhD thesis on. There's defo 100,000 words worth of observations in here.

Kenwright has been a disaster for this club, even now he hangs around like a bad smell ffs just do one and let a successful businessmen in Moshiri move us forward. He's an utter egotist.

It's great though.

I'm stating obvious and undeniable facts like our manager smashed our Pl points total and it's countered with a flurry of responses about it being a fluke or the result of Moyes' Magic Beans; I'm stating obvious and undeniable facts like our manager has us two victories away from casting off a 21 year wait for silverware and it's countered with a flurry of responses about it being only the cup and we only get out of bed to win the league these days; I'm stating obvious and undeniable facts like our manager has the support of the chairman of the club and it's countered with a flurry of responses about Kenwright not counting anymore.

But I'm the deluded one.

If there's any psychologists on here they might want to use this thread to launch their PhD thesis on. There's defo 100,000 words worth of observations in here.

well he doesn't...

farhad-moshiri_416x416.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back