Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is true. Good profiling man.

CeVwbKlXEAEO208.jpg

Philly Taylors having a party.

He will remain as Everton manager until summer and that is the time to resume the meltdown then.

The team needs a unified backing to try and take anything out of this season.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/27/roberto-martinez-everton-rebuild-training-round

The quotes from this article from nearly exactly 2 years ago are interesting. There's no hiding the fact that we should be doing better but from this article you can see how motivated and on the ball Martinez actually was and the issues he dealt and deals with.

It's clear that the majority of Everton fans want Martinez gone whether or not we win the FA cup because of our pitiful league form for the last two seasons (particularly at home) but we are resigned to the fact that he is unlikely to be sacked if we win the FA cup. This presents a dilemma because while I obviously want to win the cup, if we do win it and Martinez stays as a result I think that significantly increases the chances that we will be in a relegation dogfight next year (particularly if Lukaku leaves as expected) based on our form for the last 2 seasons. Martinez is particularly badly equipped to manage deal with such dog fights because of his lack of tactical awareness and inability to set up a defence. I know people prioritise a cup win over league position but would you trade an FA cup win if it meant that it greatly increased our chances of being relegated which could have long term implications for the club?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/27/roberto-martinez-everton-rebuild-training-round

The quotes from this article from nearly exactly 2 years ago are interesting. There's no hiding the fact that we should be doing better but from this article you can see how motivated and on the ball Martinez actually was and the issues he dealt and deals with.
Of course mate, what were we all thinking?
These are clearly the reasons he played Howard in goal far too long, shows blind unfounded faith in Alcaraz and Kone when they stink it up... ruining our League seasons.
These are clearly the reasons we concede 2 or 3 goals in 10 minutes consistently.
Poor Roberto Martinez doing it tough. The poor 15th highest paid Manager in world football.
Poor bloke.

I can't see us making the final personally so I expect the noise wanting him out to increase.
To be fair here, if they don't make the final(or even if they do and lose there) you can't put it ALL on Martinez. For the last decade or so, any time ANY amount of pressure has been put on the team they fold like a laundromat. Just the weakest mentality for ages.

It's clear that the majority of Everton fans want Martinez gone whether or not we win the FA cup because of our pitiful league form for the last two seasons (particularly at home) but we are resigned to the fact that he is unlikely to be sacked if we win the FA cup. This presents a dilemma because while I obviously want to win the cup, if we do win it and Martinez stays as a result I think that significantly increases the chances that we will be in a relegation dogfight next year (particularly if Lukaku leaves as expected) based on our form for the last 2 seasons. Martinez is particularly badly equipped to manage deal with such dog fights because of his lack of tactical awareness and inability to set up a defence. I know people prioritise a cup win over league position but would you trade an FA cup win if it meant that it greatly increased our chances of being relegated which could have long term implications for the club?
That's quite a leap of faith to putting us in a relegation dogfight. Especially putting a guilt trip on us potentially winning a cup.

To be fair here, if they don't make the final(or even if they do and lose there) you can't put it ALL on Martinez. For the last decade or so, any time ANY amount of pressure has been put on the team they fold like a laundromat. Just the weakest mentality for ages.
Aye this is true. Its something Moshiri will hopefully change from the top.

I remember Charlton fans rail roading Curbishley out as he wasn't moving them on to the next level. Wonder how they feel now?

Same for Bobby Robson at Newcastle.

Fickleness is even rifer a decade beyond that in the Premier League. Series of the Apprentice and XFactor have bred a "it's just not good enough" culture in Britain as anyone unfortunate enough to be in the service factor will testify.

Screen-Shot-2015-02-10-at-11.25.03-AM.png

I thought THAT game against Arsenal changed everything. I don't think I've ever been more optimistic with Everton as right after that match.

Then Palace did what Palace does: ruin the dreams of teams in Liverpool. Ffs, couldn't they just leave the blue half alone?!
You're inside my head. Exact same feelings. I remember driving home under a starry night after that Arsenal game and singing Everton songs all the way to bemused passers by thinking we were on the verge of being ace again.

We will never learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back