Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks mate ... and I truly mean that because you nail your colours to the mast no flim flam about being a Martinez supporter you get stuck right with he's a "phoney" it's about as venomous as you can get (please note some previous posters).

I disagree entirely of course but yep, it's an opinion I see will not be moved.
Ta lad, like I say I hope I'm wrong, last season 6th lets see where we end up this season and with our strongest squad for the past 'x amount of years' and that is an opinion i agree with. So surely we should be doing better?

How many times have we truly played well for 90 minutes?

Alec Mcleish won the league cup and i'd do anything to see Everton win that yet I wouldn't want him anywhere near our club he got a team relegated the same season too

To be fair mate, you could say that about pretty much any team, in any league, in the world.

But for me, one of the most impressive displays this season was actually the Sunderland game. We dominated with 10 men, and ok, we lost, and, yes, Sunderland wernt much, but you rarely see that from sides down to 10 men.

To be fair mate, you could say that about pretty much any team, in any league, in the world.

But for me, one of the most impressive displays this season was actually the Sunderland game. We dominated with 10 men, and ok, we lost, and, yes, Sunderland wernt much, but you rarely see that from sides down to 10 men.
we also did nothing for the first 20 with 11 men and I don't mean a absolute battering where the opposition dont have a sniff. for me the stoke home game was the best performance of the season and even a 1-0 walters missed a great chance, teams will have chances in every game, Think back to reading away last season we created chance after chance in the 1st half and for 90 minutes against fulham away too we were just short of a goal scorer this season we have one and we hardly create a bean think to how many chances baines created last season (his strongest ability imo)

But the same names (or changed) circle like vultures to have a go at Martinez there's a degree of venom mixed with glee including references to the previous manager when results aren't great - why?

The whole point of support is to give yours the benefit of the doubt and loyalty til it's patently obvious there are issues, is anyone seriously saying Martinez shouldn't be given both this season? The previous regime had years before people actually voiced their concerns.

The "don't get me wrong I'm a big Martinez fan" or "it's not a Moyes vs Martinez thing" is just a smokescreen with these people.

Spot on.

Certain posters in this parish have been just waiting for a chance to have a go at Bob.

You know the score lad, Everton win and it sets you up lovely for the next week, Everton lose and death must come to all.

Or is that just me?

Usually yeah.

We'll do our usual great performance after a disappointing cup-exit, and I'll bemoan the fact we didn't do that last week.

But yeah up the bloos and all that.

Usually yeah.

We'll do our usual great performance after a disappointing cup-exit, and I'll bemoan the fact we didn't do that last week.

But yeah up the bloos and all that.

Im still looking back at Jan and glaring, infact im still looking back at 85 and glaring at Whiteside, BITTER AND PROUD.

Spot on.

Certain posters in this parish have been just waiting for a chance to have a go at Bob.
Not just here mate Toffeeweb is full of posts hinting "we might not be wrong about Moyes after all".

What gets me is all their protestations of support for Martinez en route. Some balloon started his post "Well, well, well ..." barely disguising his glee before rattling on about Martinez v Moyes then howling in indignation when nailed.

Don't understand it for a minute me I far prefer Ianefc's approach of ripping in at least it's honest (mad that he is ...) kidding Ian :).

We will find out more now it's gone a bit cack but only if we're patient, we all need to give Roberto at least the latitude the previous fella enjoyed.

We will prevail, up the Toffees.

Not just here mate Toffeeweb is full of posts hinting "we might not be wrong about Moyes after all".

What gets me is all their protestations of support for Martinez en route.
Some balloon started his post "Well, well, well ..." barely disguising his glee before rattling on about Martinez v Moyes then howling in indignation when nailed.

Don't understand it for a minute me I far prefer Ianefc's approach of ripping in at least it's honest (mad that he is ...) kidding Ian :).

We will find out more now it's gone a bit cack but only if we're patient, we all need to give Roberto at least the latitude the previous fella enjoyed.

We will prevail, up the Toffees.

These are two different things.
Its entirely possible to be completely pro Martinez, and not think Moyes was s**t. Its weird you can't see it.

If someone says they are thinking that, they are probably telling the truth, otherwise why would they bother saying it?

Ta lad, like I say I hope I'm wrong, last season 6th lets see where we end up this season and with our strongest squad for the past 'x amount of years' and that is an opinion i agree with. So surely we should be doing better?

The five teams above us have also strengthened further this season, Everything is relative like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back