Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought we pretty much bossed the game, its madness to think another premiership football team wont create chances and have periods of the game were they are on top.
Bossed the game away from home (and won it) against a team that'd just beaten two top half of the table teams and picked up 7 of the last 9 points.

Not good enough though. No doubt their lad Tony Pulis could do better.

Bossed them in that opening 20 mins because we closed everything down in midfield in a flash

Then we seemed to drop off 10 yards and allowed them to start getting into it

Weird

We pressed the ball superbly in the first half. One of the main reasons they couldn't live with us for 20-30 mins.

The first half performancs in both this game and Norwich away, have shown what a good football side we are. If only we could turn all that possession into goals, we could really be onto something then.

Teams are allowed to improve though mate. Newcastle for a bit better as the game went along, and changed the way they were playing to cope.

It's not that odd.

We stopped pressing

That has nothing g to do with the other team

First 20 mins we allowed them no breathing space in the middle, every time we lost the ball we swarmed over them

I know, he's my favourite mod, Don't like roydo gave me warning points before for swearing. Although he (WB) has banned me at least twice.

*awaits thread ban for going off topic

Naw, I've only banned you once, and that was cos Roydo asked me too.
You're from Preston so are obviously sound, we're practically woolly neighbours.

Teams are allowed to improve though mate. Newcastle for a bit better as the game went along, and changed the way they were playing to cope.

It's not that odd.

I actually though yesterday was the first time we actually sustained some kind of performance over the 90 minutes.

We were certainly far better than the 2nd halves against Norwich and Bournemouth. Newcastle had a couple of chances but we still carved them open a fair few times. It would have been a real good volleying in the nuts if we hadn't of came away with the 3 points

We stopped pressing

That has nothing g to do with the other team

First 20 mins we allowed them no breathing space in the middle, every time we lost the ball we swarmed over them

Imagine you're on the Death Star mate. I'm Luke in my X-Wing ready to attack that trench and drop one in that hole.

There's a wave of initial pressure on you lot. You send out some Tie Fighters to have a go back. The pressure stop for a bit because we have to regroup.

In the end Luke ClevWalker got one in. We won.

Naw, I've only banned you once, and that was cos Roydo asked me too.
You're from Preston so are obviously sound, we're practically woolly neighbours.
Doesn't surprise me. Just joking by the way Roydo is sound. I'm from Chester originally BTW just reside up here.

It annoys me when people keep saying how good this "squad" is....the squad is massively limited.

The team still needs 3 players itself and the squad past around 8 or 9 players is very poor.
"We worked really hard in the last six transfer windows to assemble a very strong squad with a real determination to bring in young players with world-class talent and that's what we've done.

You better tell that to the fella you're defending then.

easy to say "bottom 3" though isn't it, what about saying "have outplayed,outfought Liverpool and won 2-0 ,and went down to white hart lane and beat an inform top 6 side on their own patch",wouldn't fit the agenda then I suppose.
we're a good side playing good football,far better than 12 months ago,Martinez is doing a good job and it seems to me the club is moving in the right direction.I'll take a 1-0 win away from home any day of the week personally
We've won one out of the last five games. I'm saying bottom three because that is where they are. They finished dangerously above them places last season too.

Martinez finished 11th last season and we currently sit 9th this season.

It isn't good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back