Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only "lucky" points I think we have got all season, as in over the balance of the game which side deserved them rather than individual bits of luck like Barry not conceeding a cast iron penalty vs Crystal Palace, are at Spurs.

They dominated us for large chunks of the game and were only denied by Howard putting in probably his best performance of the last 18months.

Even then in the last 15 minutes we were probably the best bet to score.

Thankfully feels a large difference from 12 months ago despite our position in the table not being dramatically better.

It really is a million miles away from this time last year.

I feel like a kid again on matchdays, whether at Goodison or watching the away games on TV.

It is spectacular, it is entertaining, it is uplifting.

This gnarled old 1970s refugee truly believes we are on the cusp of something big here.

COYB ;)

Was it our fans booing when Barkley came off? I couldn't work out why Newcastle would boo him as he hadn't dived in that game? Bit of doubt as I didn't hear boos for the osman for mirallas sub which I would've expected to!

Geordies were booing all kinds. Strange bunch

Agreed.

What I thought very odd was that they started singing about Pavel Smircnek right at the end so's it could be recorded to play at his bedside.

A lovely gesture and all, don't get me wrong.......but that late in a vital game when your team us fighting for its very top flight survival, a fan needs to be focused on events on the pitch and doing his or her best to spur the team on to either score a goal or to keep the other side from scoring.

Fans creating a cauldron in the dying minutes has a big effect on their team.

I had read beforehand they were going to do it at half time and was surprised when they started doing it in injury time.

The other thing was the applause at the 17th minute for the two lids killed when the plane was shot down.

Again, a lovely gesture back in August when the season started and the atrocity was fresh, but why do they do it at every game? And how long do they intend doing it?

Agreed.

What I thought very odd was that they started singing about Pavel Smircnek right at the end so's it could be recorded to play at his bedside.

A lovely gesture and all, don't get me wrong.......but that late in a vital game when your team us fighting for its very top flight survival, a fan needs to be focused on events on the pitch and doing his or her best to spur the team on to either score a goal or to keep the other side from scoring.

Fans creating a cauldron in the dying minutes has a big effect on their team.

I had read beforehand they were going to do it at half time and was surprised when they started doing it in injury time.

The other thing was the applause at the 17th minute for the two lids killed when the plane was shot down.

Again, a lovely gesture back in August when the season started and the atrocity was fresh, but why do they do it at every game? And how long do they intend doing it?
And why do they punch horses ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back