Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that the best you can do to defend him, really?

I don't feel the need to defend Martinez because I back him, and don't really care what anyone else thinks, but people who say there are better managers out there who could do a better job need to come up with names, and explain why those manager could do a better job, because they're the one's who want Martinez gone, not me. Also, I'm talking about managers who realistically would come to us.

Last edited:
I don't feel the need to defend Martinez because I back him, and don't really care what anyone else thinks, but people who say there are better managers out there who could do a better job need to come up with names, and explain why those manager could do a better job, because they're the one's who want Martinez gone, not me. Also, I'm talking about managers who realistically would come to us.
Mark Hughes, Watford's manager, Koeman.

Three managers who I believe could utilise this squad better than Martinez.

Even though they hadnt won in 6 before, losing 5 of them games

Before yesterday, Koeman and Southampton had 1 win in the last six league games. Compare that with Martinez and Everton's record of - 1 win in the last six league games.

Despite their poor run of results, Southampton are just two points behind us. And, like us, if their luck has changed, they can still make an impression on the league.

Koeman and Martinez are both competent managers - and it's a very competitive league.

What's the evidence to prove this?

I remember people putting names like Sherwood, Lennon and Lambert into the mix.....

Problem with change too early that is has a consequence of finances getting pushed in pay offs, new kitty for manager, can we do this effectively? look at Villa they paid the price of too many changes and will go down....i believe we should give him to the end of the season before any change.

I am all for change and I am starting to see him no being able to make his subs change the outlook of the game, a skill he managed so well in the first season.

Before yesterday, Koeman and Southampton had 1 win in the last six league games. Compare that with Martinez and Everton's record of - 1 win in the last six league games.

Despite their poor run of results, Southampton are just two points behind us. And, like us, if their luck has changed, they can still make an impression on the league.

Koeman and Martinez are both competent managers - and it's a very competitive league.
They had no wins in 6, 5 being defeats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back