Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
so you believe you should of had more
Surely after 22years the penny has dropped - we are not a great team and we don't have the finances to compete in the same way as a good few teams.
If you feel you deserve more maybe you need a reality check! We don't do instant success, any success we have has to be worked for and usually means over a period of time.

I am not sure we're this we deserve mentality comes from

And also if you read my post I mention constructive critiscm, so not going to defend RM at every corner....but it will be constructive as debate is good
I don't think there are many on here demanding instant success, but the way football is these days it has to happen quite quickly otherwise the prize assets you have assembled will be cherry picked by the rich vultures that perch at the top of the tree. We play great attacking football but our defending is terrible at times and it is not just a goalkeeping issue, as some poodles and their master would have you belief. Howard had a good game at city and needed to as there were far to many good attempts on his goal. We don't close players down quickly enough and the tackle count of some of our players is non existent. The best attacking side in the history of the game (BRAZIL 1970) needed a defense, why does Roberto think that we don't. And if he does then why has he not acted sooner to remedy the situation. I would very much like EVERTON to succeed under his management and for this to happen he needs to be a great deal more pro-active.

I'm just disappointed that we say Bryam is coming, then Byram chooses the Cockneys as he's ambitious, then Bobby Brown Shoes says he doesn't want the kid anyway.

Ok, we lost out to the Cockneys, fair play to them, we can rough them up again in March. However, what kind of signal is Martinez sending out to the other starlets out there who might be weighing up their options in regards to summer moves ? That Everton is their second best choice, that's what. We need a manager who can attract, develop and retain Top Talent. Martinez is proven to be unable to do that.

I'm just disappointed that we say Bryam is coming, then Byram chooses the Cockneys as he's ambitious, then Bobby Brown Shoes says he doesn't want the kid anyway.

Ok, we lost out to the Cockneys, fair play to them, we can rough them up again in March. However, what kind of signal is Martinez sending out to the other starlets out there who might be weighing up their options in regards to summer moves ? That Everton is their second best choice, that's what. We need a manager who can attract, develop and retain Top Talent. Martinez is proven to be unable to do that.

What the hell, Martinez had developed Stones, signed lukaku and del, brought galloway in and yet you say he unproven co he didn't sign Byram who was to scared to take Coleman on who still got 7 years at the top level for us.

Sometimes i have to read things twice to make sure i read it properly.

Besic, Galloway, Holgate, Del, Romelu, Cleverley......what you smoking lid?

We need a manager who can attract, develop and retain Top Talent. Martinez is proven to be unable to do that.

lafayette_wtf.gif

Signs up to forum, first post slags off everton and praises West Ham. Ok lid. Think there's a thread for you elsewhere on the forum...

Agree on this, Moyes came in post Walter Smith, with a shocking Squad that had the likes of Paul Gerrard, Pistone, Alexandersen and Scott Gemmill in the first team, and was able to being in the likes of Li Tie. While Martinez was able to get Lukaku. But Moyes took us forward, in hard times, while Martinez looks like keeping us at the top of the bottom half of the table for the foreseeble future.
Martinez dosen't know how lucky he is after taking Wigan down to get what was a stable top 6 club until he turned up.
We've finished 5th and 11th. How is that keeping us top of the bottom half? Seasons NOT over still 16 games left

Byram has come out and said that Bilic was a big reason that he signed for West Ham - what does that say about Martinez? I keep saying that he only appears to be able to sign players he has either worked with or had on loan (Besic and Mori aside)
All players say that, that irrelevant. He went to West Ham because he will play games, his family's from there and they support West Ham, it's like saying Ferguson was the worst manager ever because Shearer choose Newcastle over Utd

Every shot was right at him, not 1 single difficult save in that game.

16 min:
Ooh, that’s a good save from Howard! Sagna, who provided that cross for Aguero against Watford, swings over a lovely curving cross, and Toure meets it well … but Howard parries! Good firm hands to keep out: the unmarked Toure got power in the header.
29 min: Otamendi wins the header, but he can’t get the direction, and Howard claims, safely. That was a good stop earlier by the Everton goalie on Toure, by the way.
60 min: Howard blocks from Aguero! Aguero caught it on the volley, 15 yards out, but it was straight at the goalie. Either side of him and City would be ahead, but Howard did well: it came quickly at him.
65 min: Dealt with well by Everton, but City pick it up on halfway and move forward again. Sterling dribbles, feints, delays, and finally shoots from a wideish position, but Howard saves with his legs! Serious pressure here by Man City. Corner.
66 min: Baines does well to smack it clear. But it come back to Navas, who drills one across the face of goal … and Howard with a kick-save! No one could follow up for City! Everton are under the cosh.
69 min: Demichelis came through the back of Lukaku, but no foul called, and City counter-attack. Aguero is in … but Howard foils him again! Aguero got the wrong side of the defender, but Howard came up big with the save!

Everton successfully defended 12 corners too!

Hiya mate.
How do you feel about the McCarthy challenge on Payet ?

:coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back