Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just disappointed that we say Bryam is coming, then Byram chooses the Cockneys as he's ambitious, then Bobby Brown Shoes says he doesn't want the kid anyway.

Ok, we lost out to the Cockneys, fair play to them, we can rough them up again in March. However, what kind of signal is Martinez sending out to the other starlets out there who might be weighing up their options in regards to summer moves ? That Everton is their second best choice, that's what. We need a manager who can attract, develop and retain Top Talent. Martinez is proven to be unable to do that.
Which is nice except you've never ever won a league title. And you spend considerable amount times relegated in the lower leagues.

Call us sir because you are nothing but our insecure lil bishes.

I'm just disappointed that we say Bryam is coming, then Byram chooses the Cockneys as he's ambitious, then Bobby Brown Shoes says he doesn't want the kid anyway.

Ok, we lost out to the Cockneys, fair play to them, we can rough them up again in March. However, what kind of signal is Martinez sending out to the other starlets out there who might be weighing up their options in regards to summer moves ? That Everton is their second best choice, that's what. We need a manager who can attract, develop and retain Top Talent. Martinez is proven to be unable to do that.
Hi mate.

How often to Sullivan/Gold delve into your trophy cabinet, pull out Green Street (blu-ray) and give it a watch to make sure it isn't scratched?

FFS @Kev The Rat liking this. You bulb.

I must admit, that's sometimes the impression I get from some people. I might be getting it all wrong, but that can be how it seems.

Personally, if I just wanted to be entertained and see nice togger being played I wouldn't bother supporting a particular team, I'd just watch whatever game I fancied on my totally legal don't know what you're talking about box. I like watching boxing for example, but I don't affiliate myself to a particular boxer, I just enjoy watching a decent match up. Same with golf, tennis etc. When i'm watching Everton though, I just want us to win. I put a fair bit of emotional (and financial) investment into it and I do find it pretty difficult to walk away from another 28 goal thriller saying 'Well yeah we lost but wasn't it exhilerating?!'. I'd take a 1-0 win with a wind assisted block tackle from our own half being the only shot on target any day of the week rather than a repeat of Stoke.
You've pretty much described Man United under LVG there, honestly not sure I could cope with a season watching their football regardless of results.

I have to say, even as much as he talks horse poop the majority of the time, Merson had a very good point earlier.

This football is great to watch and he really enjoys watching Everton. However, mid table is all that it will get you as you can't play the same way all of the time. You need to shut up shop when winning, so let's hope the City game was a sign that the penny has dropped, doubt it though.

Before anybody dives in slating Merson I'm not interested, he made a very good point on this and seemed to call this right for me.

I have to say, even as much as he talks horse poop the majority of the time, Merson had a very good point earlier.

This football is great to watch and he really enjoys watching Everton. However, mid table is all that it will get you as you can't play the same way all of the time. You need to shut up shop when winning, so let's hope the City game was a sign that the penny has dropped, doubt it though.

Before anybody dives in slating Merson I'm not interested, he made a very good point on this and seemed to call this right for me.

He is right, personly i cant stand him him but fairs fair he is bang on the money with this one.

I wouldn't worry mate, no matter any bodies stance if the opinion doesn't fit, the person who gave it will be attached. Seen it enough times to know that's true. Even when people make indisputable points, the slightest non point will be picked up upon to do down the whole article/opinion.

This is from both sides of the fence.

The PL is on hold for us. It's all about the cups this season.

It's a mess in behind the top four. Doesn't matter where you finish in that melee. It's all failure.

6 wins from 22.
The next 2 games we should be winning given home advantage and how 'poor' Swansea and Newcastle are.
But I'm not feeling good about either tbh. Need to put a run of wins in the league together very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back