Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been behind Martinez even if my feelings have wavered recently. But I just can't stay supportive of him when we are not winning games. If you look at the games we've drawn and lost at home its just unacceptable. If we go out of the cup Wednesday I think ill have arrived at the point where i think he should go.

I'm absolutely dreading summer. Rom, stones, del are all guaranteed to leave and Martinez will probably replace them with more Wigan players.

You can't argue with the quality of the squad he's put together, but the thing I think always puts a manager under pressure is when it's the same problems week in week out. To have faith in him you'd have to believe that he:

A. Recognises we have a problem at the back

B. Knows what he needs to do to fix it

The problem with Martinez is that you don't even get the sense that he knows we have a problem. It's the same formation week in, week out. The same mistakes. The same shambles at every set piece. The same excuses. It's like Groundhog Day: watching Everton right now is like watching the same game every week.

Add in the fact that these are also the same criticisms you could make of the man at Wigan and it all looks a bit worrying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back